FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mentioning Mafia in daily life

View previous topic :: View next topic  
T3mas1

292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Mentioning Mafia in daily life Reply with quote

As you know I am very sentimental so I decided to share my silly sentimental stories with you. I live in the Czech Republic - the birthplace of the Mafia franchise: Mafia 1 - Mafia 2, but not Mafia 3, M3 is garbage and different people worked on it ('mericans), they didn't get the franchise and didn't understand where the good qualities of the previous Mafia games were - handling, good gameplay, car physics, elementary respect to Mafia traditions. I just wanted to make things clear, I know a lot of people don't understand why Mafia 3 is so different, so there you have it.

Back to the topic, a lot of people around here know Mafia 1 well enough. I remember playing one of the social table games where you get a word or an expression that you need to explain to your partner so he can yell the word. It was my turn and I got a card with "free ride". How would you explain that to somebody, when, according to the rules, you can't say the word and use its root? So I told my partner (I didn't know him, he was older than me): "Mafia 1 - it is in the menu, when you click on it you set the traffic, pedestrians and then you can play the game not caring about missions. He guessed it and we went on playing. No problem there.

Another story: it was a long time ago. One day I went to a classical concert and I was asked to look decent. I thought it would be very borring but it turned out to be interesting. After playing some very old music that I hadn't heard before they went on to play music from Mafia 1, and then we (the audience) were asked to guess the island on which the song was played. That was something special!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1280 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Mentioning Mafia in daily life Reply with quote

Wow, this is something I could only dream about here in Lithuania. I think I know up to 5 people tops who know what Mafia: TCoLH is. With this franchise being my all-time favorite, I can only imagine what joy it would bring to my heart to hear the game's music or anything related to it somewhere in my country. Laughing

Thanks so much for sharing this! And it ain't silly by any means. I, myself being quite sentimental, especially towards Mafia, understand your emotions completely Very happy
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Mentioning Mafia in daily life Reply with quote

Exactly the way linukkis described rings true here(scandinavia). Shortly after M1's release it fell off the radar, mainly because of Vice City, despite getting good reviews and being promoted in 'video game shows' it didn't hold on for long..

One guy in school besides myself was the only one who gave the game any attention, and trust me many would know of the game, we would play pc games whenever there'd be time. Naturally that became the topic of conversation, Mafia was never brought up.

Around the first time Mafia went on steam, one of my mates picked it up out of curiosity, along with M2, might have 'persuaded him a little'..Yada yada badabing badaboom (gave him an offer he couldn't refuse )

That's about it, with M2 however people seem more aware of that one, mby since it came after a GTA + the 2K pull, idk.. Generally we seem to be more into multiplayer experiences, lan's and eventually e-Sports have been big for years.

I went to Prague years ago(not Mafia related). I did look for anything that could be related to the game, like a cool souvenir of sorts Very happy or maybe that friggin big box.. No such luck.

I hear it's often requested they play the Mafia theme at weddings in Brno. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: