FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see a Mafia Graphic Novel?
Yes
90%
 90%  [9]
No
10%
 10%  [1]
Total Votes : 10

RubyDragon949

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

*Brushes cobwebs and dust off of his account*

Hello again, everyone. First off, let me start by saying I am still alive and well. It's good to see there is still some activity here and I hope you're all doing good Smile

While I don't get much time for modding these days to really commit to it like I used to back in the day ( Crying ) it is still something I really want to give to our limited community. While I've retreated from this site in recent years, I have never stopped trying to make new projects, but due to lack of time they never tend to get far before I can show anything.

However, after having played through both Max Payne 1 & 2 again recently (True master class games!) I had a sudden brain wave. I've always loved their graphic novel style snippets over using cutscenes and I remembered that years ago, a member (Zorro) created a Mafia comic that he called "GangsterZ". And while it was short, it was very good.

So, having thought what's the best way to combine both my limited time and my love of modding, I believe this may be the solution to my problem. So my pitch to you all is...

Do you want to see an animated Mafia Graphic Novel comic series created in game by me? By animated I mean, fully voiced with dialogue, sounds etc.

To give you an idea of what the style would be like, feel free to watch Zorro's example and let me know whether it's something you would like me to do. I might just go ahead and do it anyway for the fun of it Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-PV0SbvyU&t=16s

P.S - Admins, I hope it's ok for me to post this in the "Mafia Related" section as I couldn't really think of anywhere else where it might of belonged.

Glad to be back. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
huckleberrypie

326 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

I'd be looking forward to it, that's for sure. Wink
Hunter

2158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

Wow. I did not know that channel existed. I'm sorry things with ZORRO ended as they did. I stood up for him until the end. Such a harsh, creative guy.

Anyway, my opinion is the same for many things. Do it if you are inspired to. There isn't really a community now; there's no positive reinforcement. I was thinking on this topic recently. I have some YouTube videos. Look at ZORRO's, for instance. Short, mostly ignored. But such a care in editing. Immersive, cinematic. Quality over quantity. He was like that.

Getting back to my long belabored point, YouTube isn't a job and you can't make money doing it unless you produce industrial quantities of video a la Buzzfeed and get hundreds of thousands of views per day. You do it because you love to do it. You do it for yourself.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277132 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S - Admins, I hope it's ok for me to post this
in the "Mafia Related" section as I couldn't really think
of anywhere else where it might of belonged.

No problem at all. Nice to hear from you after some time.

Look forward to further developments of this.

Welcome back RubyDragon949

PS: Zorro was a former Admin
on MS.

AMadeMan

276 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

Good to have you back man!

I'd really like to see a Mafia graphic novel.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1280 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

Wow, it's been such a long time, so good to see you and hear that you're doing well!

I would definitely be more than happy! It's just that I can't imagine how much time and effort one would actually have to invest into making this happen. So my respect goes to you for even considering this Applause

Just know that if you decide to go for it, I (and I'm sure many others) will be here, always eager to see what Ruby's come up with this time Smile

Best of luck, fellow mafioso!
lostinmafia_heavenMS

186 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Ruby is asking for opinions on a Mafia Graphic Novel series. Reply with quote

I sure remember these.. I would love for you to make them Ruby, it's a delight to have you back for the time being Smile

You have through time stood out as one of the most iconic heads of the MAFIA community, I can't think of one who'd be more suited for this project. You have my good luck, though I'm sure you don't need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: