FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

load screens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

2158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

I don't know, but can you post one, please, with the correct name and format?
Hunter

2158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

So you're using this with the racing mod, aren't you? And you want the custom load screens. Is that it?

I checked into this and you are right - something is wrong. It's like MAFIA isn't reading from the folder. There may be some kind of different format actually in use like an expanded file.

You have a second problem, though. The race mod (at least the 4 pack) uses as a template the tutorial mission to load a track. So...it wants to load the screen for the tutorial. I don't know why that does not happen.

Point being you have 17 tracks or whatever and they are all using the same template mission. Fixing this seems complicated.
Hunter

2158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

I opened a scene2.bin of one of the racing tracks using DC||ED and looked at the start script, which refers to the tutorial. I've also seen the Fairplay screen, so that could be another way to get a track to load.

It's just a waste of time, though. I have no solution for the apparent hard codedness of the load screens. Someone who knows what they are talking about might be able to help. But I guess NOT, because if they knew how to do that they would have used some of these beautiful loading screens in the mod.
Hunter

2158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject: load screens Reply with quote

Different program. I know nothing about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: