FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

[SOLVED] LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wirmaple7321

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files Reply with quote

Hi to All Mafia Creators and Members.
Guys, I have a Problem:
I'm making my Counter-Strike 1.6 Map.
But I need some Old Car Models for that. My problem is that mafia 1 has the best old car models and it let me to Use this game's Car Models in My Maps.
But GoldSource Engine Doesn't Support LS3D .4ds files. it supports .mdl files.
this is a very big problem for me. I need to Convert 4ds to GoldSource .mdl files.
Would you help me pls guys? it is very important.
(if it's hard to convert, Can you introduce me some old car models pls?)
(I don't Want to Work with 3ds max and 4ds plugin because my system don't support them.)

pls someone answers. i really love this game. if the only way to convert is 3ds Max 'n' 4ds Plugin, Would you do it yourself and then Upload the car models in goldsource .mdl files in a website pls? thx

Your posts have been merged. Posting in the Forums.
Please note especially the rule on double posting.

This topic has been moved to Ask a Modder - Modding .

Admin
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255850 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files Reply with quote

Assuming you know which tool to use for exporting .mdl files to GS, the workflow would be this:
1.Import .4ds file from Mafia into Zmodeler 1.7b
2.Export the model from Zmodeler to .3ds, preferably within the same folder as the textures to keep those associated to the model.
3.Import the .3ds file within the modelling tool that you use for converting models to Goldsource. From there you can modify it and export it as you see fit.

You may need to remove a lot of dummy objects that serve no visual purpose but may appear when converted to a different file format. These are all a bunch of boxes.

www.Robville.net
Wirmaple7321

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files Reply with quote

Sorry, Would you Give the Link "Zmodeler 1.7b" to me please. i can't find it in internet. thx
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276940 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Re: LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files Reply with quote

Wirmaple7321 wrote:
Sorry, Would you Give the Link "Zmodeler 1.7b" to me please. i can't find it in internet. thx

http://mafiascene.com/modules.php?name=downloads&action=search

just type in ZMod

Last edited by Muggy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Wirmaple7321

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] LS3D .4ds Model Files to GoldSource .mdl Files Reply with quote

Thank u so much you solved my problem! thx a lot
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: