FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

maps for mafia 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

has anyone ever found or made a map with the different coordinates for the game. I have observed whether it is true or not that x 0. y 0. are in Hoboken just up from the gas station; within that area. I'm figuring that nothing has been done like this because one it don't matter and two it is alot of work to draw up all the coordinate points. As well I would love the map that comes with the game to be true to ingame; ie bottom of map by racing circuit shows a railroad track that would be within sight of the racing track in game but... where is it??? At the time of the game railroads were huge in development and culture in North America. thanks again for any input.
I would love to make these changes additions if I could be taught how.
Hunter

2148 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

IS loooooved trains. All of their games I have played include an amazing amount of locomotives, train yards and the like. MAFIA is rather light on it; there should be more in the game but other than You Lucky Bastard which starts off almost like an excuse to put a train in the game, not much.

There is a large train station in the Works Quarter, but it's ignored in the game.

As to your topic, I have no idea, I just wanted to talk about IS and their train obsession. You brought it up. Sticking out tongue
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

thanks for reply. i don't mind conversation about topics; i appreciate that you love trains and have knowledge of such in the games.
I agree that mafia had little to no train input, yet look at the map and one can see tracks in different places that aren't there in the game unless they are hidden underneath. I also agree that it is sad that that big train station never got an interior or any use for that matter; if i knew how to model it i would just to have it.
Fact for trains is , if one doesn't install the city mod with the locomotive addition it isn't there other than briefly. again thanks for input. If you want to pm me a message abut a more in=depth look at trains in games please feel free.I look forward to it.
AMadeMan

210 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

I'd be cool if there was a railroad mod for the game that gives the map a more alive railroad system, such as picking up passengers at a station like the trams. Strange that they made the railroad here so dull and lifeless.

By the way, if it's just the locomotive you need, you can download it separate from the city mod.
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

thanks for input, greatly appreciated. the locomotive addition for citybars is quite cool and well done.short but at least someone tried to add it. Is there much gameplay for trains in mafia2. I only got top play it on xbox and that was short as someone decided they needed the xbox more than I did. I have the game for pc but my computers are to old to play it grrr.thanks again
brokenneedlecaa76

345 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: maps for mafia 1 Reply with quote

how would someone attempt to add in more railroad? I assume mwe for one ,bsv, and check.bin? I have noticed it used in other mods to some degree. I would love to see trains and boats, ships added more so; as they were even more important during the era than cars and automobiles, even horses were more common during the 30's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: