FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

World's first proper custom Mafia character
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duelist

236 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: World's first proper custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I did it

Made the same way the developers did: Whole body model as a single mesh with skin and bones.

Note: I'm not the author of the model itself. I have downloaded it from some GTA site. Reskined it manualy for Mafia and exported. You might notice that some parts of the mesh fold a bit ugly - it's becouse me doing skinning for the first time and the model wasn't made for the Mafia in the first place.

Video:

Screenshots:

And some screens from exporter tests aka Mafia - John Carpenter edition:

Very happy

Download Link

Last edited by Duelist on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hunter

2156 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this recently. Well, nice job. Who is this creep? Laughing
Duelist

236 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Trevor from GTA V Sticking out tongue
lol200004

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Amazing! Excellent work, this is a new stage in the mafia modding.
AMadeMan

239 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Great work! More and more Mafia modding breakthroughs are coming and i love it!
spartaque12

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

wow , nice job duelist , u contribute plenty features to community
lol200004

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Duelist, can your tools export "5ds" animations and "tck" files?
huckleberrypie

322 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Couldn't help but think of this upon seeing the Tommycrab:

And yeah, we've been waiting for a proper custom ped to be done for the past fifteen years. What did you use for exporting the model, if you don't mind telling?
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255850 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

No bloody way mate. That's really awesome!
Never thought to see the day of actual custom characters ingame. Impressive job you did there!
Goes to show how good characters can look when they're high detail. It would be awesome if one were to make highly detailed models of Mafia's characters. Very happy

Trevor in Mafia 1. I need a moment to process that.

www.Robville.net
lol200004

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:

And yeah, we've been waiting for a proper custom ped to be done for the past fifteen years. What did you use for exporting the model, if you don't mind telling?

Used script for 3ds Max
http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128479#128479
Jaqub

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
Great work! More and more Mafia modding breakthroughs are coming and i love it!

It was already possible before.

lol200004

49 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Jaqub wrote:

Not really, in "4ds specification" there was no data about weight of vertices for bones. Duelist did this.
Revan31

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Jaqub wrote:

Really? Why didn't you come up with that? If it would be so easy, we wouldnt wait for that 15 years.

Congratulations to Duelist. I hope you will share this so the Mafia comunity can rise cause this can brings new and maybe old modders Smile
Outstanding work, pal!
Duelist

236 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

Thanks everyone Smile I'm trying to fix some ugly folds and compute rest of data so I can release it.

lol200004 wrote:
Duelist, can your tools export "5ds" animations and "tck" files?

Nope, I didn't touch animations at all.

huckleberrypie wrote:

[...]

I actually thought of walking pterodactyl from Jurassic Park 3 when I saw it the first time Very happy I'm using updated scripts lol200004 mentioned (import/export v3). There's still some bone data that I don't know how to compute but my so-so "hardcoded" values also work although they are the reason why game sometimes crash during loading I think. And there's no morph export yet.

Mr Robville wrote:
No bloody way mate. That's really awesome!
Never thought to see the day of actual custom characters ingame. Impressive job you did there!
Goes to show how good characters can look when they're high detail. It would be awesome if one were to make highly detailed models of Mafia's characters. Very happy

Trevor in Mafia 1. I need a moment to process that.

Very happy I sure hope so! However, it will require a lot of work especialy with morphs.

Jaqub wrote:

From certain point of view - it was possible since 2002 Sticking out tongue
Mr Robville

255850 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: World's first proper, custom Mafia character Reply with quote

I forgot to ask, does the rigging capability also extend to facial features?

@Jaqub,
There was a way to create custom characters before, but you couldn't rig them like Duelist has done. So you had to make each limb a separate object, which would obviously show massive creases and give a mannequin feeling to each custom character. Kinda similar to the early Tomb Raider games from the 90's. To now be able to actually rig characters is something new to us all and indeed groundbreaking in the M1 modding scene.

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: