FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

I'm interested in the history of this site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NikoTheBosnian

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: I'm interested in the history of this site. Reply with quote

So I've been on here for a short while, and I feel like this site is older than what any of the dates on here tell me. Mostly a lot of mods being uploaded in recent years but being made way back. It's like the site didn't exist before 2013.
Was there maybe a change of server or something? I tried to find some info about it but haven't had luck here on the forums. Maybe there is some thread which I've just missed, I dunno. Can anyone tell me the full story?
Hunter

2185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: I'm interested in the history of this site. Reply with quote

I could bore you with that, but long story short MAFIA's community atrophied over the years and our site never changed much, so, knock on wood, the site was deserted by about 2010.

Then, the perpetually absent webmaster (...don't ask) forgot to renew the domain and the host deleted the site. Later, a guy who worked on the site provided a CMS backup. No database though, so what you see here is a vandalized, zombie copy of the site as it appeared in 2005. The corpse is moving, but the brains are long gone. If you get my drift.

The site's origins date from 2002.
flovivi

297 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject: I'm interested in the history of this site. Reply with quote

My post might not really be of use, but... man, all the posts, pictures, eventually even mods, all gone? Because someone forgot to pay the bills? Well, I guess even the real mafia isn't that cruel and will give you somewhat of a warning and won't immediately send a kill squad to your place. What?

There once was a German mafia game fanpage, called "das pokerzimmer" (the poker room) It seems to have disappeared some years ago without a warning or explanation...

However, it is good to see that the posts are getting more and more every time I pass by to have a look.

Greetings from Vienna! Farewell
Deusiah

Site Staff
Site Staff

139 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: I'm interested in the history of this site. Reply with quote

I am the perpetually absent webmaster who forgot to pay the bills (or something like that anyway Embarassed). The post you are after is here: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=119292#119292

Hunter

2185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: I'm interested in the history of this site. Reply with quote

Oh oh. The hosting. Not domain. I wasn't there; my kind was not welcome. That's my excuse for the bad memory!

Thanks for fixing the front page, Chris. Bye! Salute
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: