FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

bug in Just for Relaxation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sicali

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I get this bug when I have to steal the truck. If I try to steal it before getting to the warehouse, I can not drive it as it does not move. When it goes to the warehouse, it doesn't move backwards, despite revving. I remember coming across the bug before, but this time it doesn't seem to go away regardless of how many times I retry.

Thanks
Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

No idea. I just tried it and it worked fine. Game version? What are you doing, killing him in the cab?

Here's a good one. Why, if you're taking the truck before the warehouse, are you going to the warehouse? Apparently the script for the truck isn't getting stopped, but that said, I have no idea how to trigger what you can't figure out how to avoid.

I vaguely recall this kind of issue if I take the truck IN the warehouse in which case pushing it around with the Cadillac got it to move again, but I could be completely making that up.
sicali

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:21 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Steam version.

I meant that regardless if I kill him/bat him and get in the truck, or if I wait for him to go in the warehouse and stop, the truck does not move afterwards. The guy revs it, but it's like a collision mesh, it doesn't move even if I hit it with a car.

http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10159
this post highlights the same problem.

Thanks for replying
Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Sounds like they broke the game. Any mods?

I don't know why that happens for you; I can't promise I have never had trouble with that truck, but it would be very rare if so.

If you can't get it working your best option may be to download a completed saved game for the port; all that happens when you get the truck is you drive it to the port gate and the port loads, so load that saved game ...which is callled...

...The Harbor. I know that sucks, but it is better than being stuck.

Alternatively if this has something to do with the steam version, which it may as well have since this problem is rare, go to the steam support for this game and they should at least be able to waste your time until you no longer care what happens. Laughing

Here is Mugshot's saved game. Hopefully he got to the port with 100 health. Laughing Complete saved game
NikoTheBosnian

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Had the same problem but I guess it's due to a mod since the moment I reinstalled the default truck it worked.

Now I got a problem that the guards just start shooting at me for no reason after a while when I start loading up the crates. The watchman should not come back that early and I see nobody near me but then all of a sudden some guy starts shooting me with a Thompson. I guess I can't do the non-violent approach then?
sicali

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

NikoTheBosnian wrote:
Had the same problem but I guess it's due to a mod since the moment I reinstalled the default truck it worked.

Now I got a problem that the guards just start shooting at me for no reason after a while when I start loading up the crates. The watchman should not come back that early and I see nobody near me but then all of a sudden some guy starts shooting me with a Thompson. I guess I can't do the non-violent approach then?

I have the retextured mod v2. I will try with vanilla and see if it works.

I sometimes do get the guys shooting, but most of the time I am able to load the crates without any issues. I assume you've done the moving of the crates over in Dispatch Hall?

Hunter wrote:
Sounds like they broke the game. Any mods?

I don't know why that happens for you; I can't promise I have never had trouble with that truck, but it would be very rare if so.

If you can't get it working your best option may be to download a completed saved game for the port; all that happens when you get the truck is you drive it to the port gate and the port loads, so load that saved game ...which is callled...

...The Harbor. I know that sucks, but it is better than being stuck.

Alternatively if this has something to do with the steam version, which it may as well have since this problem is rare, go to the steam support for this game and they should at least be able to waste your time until you no longer care what happens. Laughing

Here is Mugshot's saved game. Hopefully he got to the port with 100 health. Laughing Complete saved game

Yeah, I wouldn't mind using a saved game, I finished the game more times than I can count. Thanks for the link.

I think it's because I used the retextured mod, I'll give it a go without it.
Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

NikoTheBosnian wrote:

There seems to be a time limit. Also some weird triggers in that map. For instance, if you knock the boss out with the bat, that "usually" means someone will be alerted - even if the guy is on the other side of the map and saw nothing.

I don't know if moving the crates changes the time limit. Seems like a bug, if the guy doesn't see you, how do they know what is happening?
NikoTheBosnian

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
NikoTheBosnian wrote:

There seems to be a time limit. Also some weird triggers in that map. For instance, if you knock the boss out with the bat, that "usually" means someone will be alerted - even if the guy is on the other side of the map and saw nothing.

I don't know if moving the crates changes the time limit. Seems like a bug, if the guy doesn't see you, how do they know what is happening?

Yeah I know that batting the boss will alert everyone else for some reason, that I know since 2005, but I know that I had all the time in the world after I tell him to go to the train. He doesn't even come back, and so far the times have been random, one time I only loaded 4 boxes, another time only one remained and another time I loaded 8.
Hunter

2183 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

No time limit? I thought he went to the train, learned you mislead him, and then returns to his post, at which point he is alerted. Maybe I just assumed that. Wink

Anyway, I had the same problem. The guard randomly attacked me after loading box 7.
NikoTheBosnian

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
No time limit? I thought he went to the train, learned you mislead him, and then returns to his post, at which point he is alerted. Maybe I just assumed that. Wink

Anyway, I had the same problem. The guard randomly attacked me after loading box 7.

Nah, there is a time limit, but you should have plenty of time to load up all the crates before he comes back.
sicali

34 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: bug in Just for Relaxation Reply with quote

Just to update, going back to vanilla solved the problem. Thank you to everyone who replied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: