FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starvanger

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Hello Friends,

good news, after plugins for browsers died, there will be a WebGL version of the upcoming Downtown 1930s Mafia Version 2.

Downtown 2 will be available mainly for smartphones ( android first ), but I realised, the game runs without big issues on WebGl, too.

So I decided to develop the game ( as I also did for downtown 1 ) publicly.

Everyone could test the game in his browser ( firefox has improved hardware support since a few days ), without any plugin needed.

The game gets sometimes daily updates. Constructive **** is very welcome, but I I have to see what I could realise with the limits of just beeing one person.

Click here to visit Downtown 2

A quick screenshot

Well, hope you like it and looking forward to your ideas and such.

Yours starry Very happy

Downtown 1930s Mafia V2
AMadeMan

327 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Looks awesome!
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

I played this and it's really fun! If only cars didn't have such huge understeer... Laughing But great job, man, really looking good!
Hunter

2177 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Not for me.

Quote:
The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings.
starvanger

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
Looks awesome!

Thanks man.

linukkis wrote:
I played this and it's really fun! If only cars didn't have such huge understeer... Laughing But great job, man, really looking good!

Also big thanks for the warm words.

I made an update and hope that car does not so much understeer now anymore.
I am using a good car physics system where there is a looot to tweak. So far I just used the demo setup for a car. So I hope to make decent car behavior for all the cars I will add. I gave more grip to the tires for now.

Hunter wrote:
Not for me.

Quote:
The browser could not allocate enough memory for the WebGL content. If you are the developer of this content, try allocating less memory to your WebGL build in the WebGL player settings.

Heya Hunter,

running WebGl games in the browser seems not working all the time. I found a good summary of what to do to get content working. Personally I tested the game on a weak lenovo thinkpad with no decent video card and could run the game ok.

Please follow the advice the people on miniclip collected for running WebGL Games.

Some hints are older, you don't need to activate WebGL in any current browser.

Especially "some other tips" give you usefull advice.

Here for WebGL hints

I am in no way connected with miniclip, but there summary is complete.

Greetings

Starry

Downtown 1930s Mafia V2
AMadeMan

327 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Is their any story or set characters in this game?
starvanger

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
Is their any story or set characters in this game?

The game should have 5 main parts.
Mafia PvP Shooter.
Mafia Missions for Multiplayer/Singleplayer
Multiplayer Racing Mode
Singleplayer Story Mode
Singleplayer Shooting Mode

My idea is to realize part by part, after the basic part is finished.

Basically I will make the PvP with racing mode.

Greetings

Starry

Downtown 1930s Mafia V2
MafiaKing

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Hi,

I used to play the Downtown 1930s Mafia. I thought the game died when the client stopped connecting and was sad because I enjoyed playing it. I am the best Downtown 1930s Mafia player.

I have some feed back and suggestions for this new version :
- The bullets sometimes do no damage to the enemy when I am sure that my mouse is clicked over them. Because of this, some fights can take minutes with the shooters being at or near health for a long time. The shooting in the other version of the game felt much more stable.
- Some visual indication of where the bullets go in the game world
- "Rank" and "Money", but this time stored on a server side since I was able to change my rank and money to any number in the other version. Dice gambling in the bar.
- Death messages in the chat just like the other version "X killed Y"
- Reduce size of the game world. It is much larger than the other version and it can sometimes take a long time to find someone.
- More breakable objects. Damaging windows and vehicles with bullets.
- Animation for repairing vehicles.
- Vehicles positioned around the game world for use, as in the other version, instead of the current system. I think it gives a more "open world" feel and is more immersive.
starvanger

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Hi Mafiaking,

what was your name in the game ?

"I used to play the Downtown 1930s Mafia. I thought the game died when the client stopped connecting and was sad because I enjoyed playing it. I am the best Downtown 1930s Mafia player."

The game is still working, you find the exe on itch.io if you seek for downtown 1930s. But ... there are no players anymore, because of as you said dead browser client.

"I have some feed back and suggestions for this new version :
- The bullets sometimes do no damage to the enemy when I am sure that my mouse is clicked over them. Because of this, some fights can take minutes with the shooters being at or near health for a long time. The shooting in the other version of the game felt much more stable.
- Some visual indication of where the bullets go in the game world
- "Rank" and "Money", but this time stored on a server side since I was able to change my rank and money to any number in the other version. Dice gambling in the bar.
- Death messages in the chat just like the other version "X killed Y"
- Reduce size of the game world. It is much larger than the other version and it can sometimes take a long time to find someone.
- More breakable objects. Damaging windows and vehicles with bullets.
- Animation for repairing vehicles.
- Vehicles positioned around the game world for use, as in the other version, instead of the current system. I think it gives a more "open world" feel and is more immersive."

Thanks for all the good hints, I will look especially into the damage stuff as soon as possible to make the feeling better.

You can easily get close to other players with the radar. If there is a player nearer than 50 meters to you, you see the red danger ring. I think that is better than in the old version and can't see why it is hard to find other players.

How did you manipulate rank and money? I must say I had a few mechanism to prevent that, so good to know how you did. Well serverside is nice, but I am afraid with a sniffer or such, you even could manipulate the data I send.

Greetings and glad you like the game

Starry

Downtown 1930s Mafia V2
MafiaKing

0 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Downtown 1930s Mafia V 2 Public Development Version Reply with quote

Quote:
The game is still working, you find the exe on itch.io if you seek for downtown 1930s. But ... there are no players anymore, because of as you said dead browser client.

Oh. The exe gives an error on my Win7 PC and does not open on my Win10 PC.

Quote:
what was your name in the game ?

My name in the game was MAFIA. I did not see you in game but I made good friends with Hok and others.

Quote:
How did you manipulate rank and money? I must say I had a few mechanism to prevent that, so good to know how you did. Well serverside is nice, but I am afraid with a sniffer or such, you even could manipulate the data I send.

My method of cheating was simple. To change money, I scanned for the amount of my money with cheat engine, earned some money in-game, and then scanned for the new amount of my money until I narrowed down the memory address of the money. After changing the amount of money stored at the memory address, the change would be visible after the client restarted.

As for the rank, it was with a similar method. I scanned for the number of kills, which is ((rank-1)*1000 + kills shown on client) if I remember correctly, and changed the number of kills to a large number.

I also bypassed the demo limitations by changing the minutes remaining of the demo back to 90 in the save folder of the game.

I don't think there will be issues with server side implementation of storing rank and money if it is done properly, there are many games on the web which do not suffer the problem of sniffers changing this kind of data. Generally it is not considered as secure storing such data on the client side although I am sure it can be made very difficult to tamper with.

Thank you for taking my feed back, I will be sure to give you more suggestions as I play more and development progresses Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Related All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: