FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

The green color goes perfectly with the phone model IMO.
spartaque12

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Duelist wrote:
I like the green one more.

Edited hands a bit to make knuckles stand out more:

Old:

New:

Duelist , can u share your work ? i would be very thankful
Lorenzitto

1606 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

If I can suggest another way, just try to steal max payne 2 hands, they look still good indeed.

There are many different textures tones inside the game files, although the texture format is the "newer" .dds and not .bmp or .jpg/.jpeg .
Greets from Italy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Honza_B

1588 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Lorenzitto wrote:
just try to steal max payne 2 hands

During our explorations of possibilities to edit characters, I even found some free 3d models of hands, the problem here is rather the way of editing it for itís not possible to export the character model in an usual way. The changes above are only possible thanks to Duelistís clever methods. Since he hasnít shared all there is to them, any progress probably lies with him. I "even" made a texture for the hand to encourage further development, Smile but he seems to be busy. Just hang in there, something will happen some time.
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

11036 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
The changes above are only possible thanks to Duelistís clever methods.

Hex pasting - ingenious Very happy

The official Mafioso Mod thread
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I wonder if the rest of Tommy's body can be improved to look less blocky using the same method for the hand model. Really cool technique on improving the hand model, and quite an achievement on Mafia modding altogether since something like this hasn't been successfully done before(I don't think).
spartaque12

79 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
I wonder if the rest of Tommy's body can be improved to look less blocky using the same method for the hand model. Really cool technique on improving the hand model, and quite an achievement on Mafia modding altogether since something like this hasn't been successfully done before(I don't think).

yeah no1 did that before , duelist is genius , but hes inactive atm 4 some reason Sad
And I'm also would like to see how hq tommy would look <3
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Hopefully the lip-sync and face expressions can also be improved if possible. But most certainly, Duelist is amazing when it comes to Mafia modding and has done very much for the community.
Duelist

238 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

spartaque12 wrote:
Duelist , can u share your work ? i would be very thankful

Sure I will, just got carried away by something else and I still didn't do it yet... Yeah I know xD

AsaSK wrote:
Honza_B wrote:
The changes above are only possible thanks to Duelistís clever methods.

Hex pasting - ingenious Very happy

Pff, you haven't seen anything yet Sticking out tongue

AMadeMan wrote:
Hopefully the lip-sync and face expressions can also be improved if possible. But most certainly, Duelist is amazing when it comes to Mafia modding and has done very much for the community.

Model itself yes, but changing it breaks something else. I wrote about it before and didn't touch it since then:

Duelist wrote:
I wrote part of new excel template to handle bigger morphs. I also made one attempt and smoothing main body but it was complete failure Sad Vertices were all over the place and whole model was messed up. Maybe I did too many thing at once and I have to try some smaller changes first to rule out what could have happend.

Edit: Looks like first half of my post got deleted when copy-pasting. Sorry Sticking out tongue
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I tried out the phone model and it fits perfectly, and I'm surprised it has its own collision. Wonder what new building models would like... Wink
Keep up the great work guys!
Honza_B

1588 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

This landed in my messages and I believe it might be useful to share it:
Quote:
"Hi I would like to ask you if you there is a setting to enhance the level of detail of the game cars, buildings, etc . I have already installed the draw distance and widescreen patch. screen 1: far buildings are there, screenshot 2: some buildings disappeared

None of this is a LOD thing.
For the disappearing buildings, occluders are to blame. You can take dced and just delete all of them (for each scene2.bin separately Mafia/missions/each folder has one scene2.bin - and I recommend you only delete a few, save and repeat because dced has a tendency to crash). Then you see everything, however it becomes quite hardware demanding (if there is such a thing - LS3D is too old and is not able to use modern hardware to its full potential - I believe we measured some 5 - 10% GPU usage with some new beast from nvidia). Try it in Freeride, if you donít have enough fps, lower the view distance. You can also try using dgVoodoo which helps the GPU usage quite a lot. Btw: I don't know what you mean by "draw distance patch" (unless when you say "draw distance and widescreen patch" you mean one and the same thing), but using the widescreen fix is enough and it applies the view distance game-wide, you donít need additional mods which increase it by changing a value in scene2.bin. Maybe some of the view distance increasing mods already have the occluders deleted, which would save you time, but if you then needed to take the view distance down a bit, Iím not sure if the widescreen fix would become prevalent over the scene2.bin files with the values changed. But I believe it would.

The cars disappearing too close - I think it has something to do with the traffic settings and we were not able to change it. But then again - maybe everythingís possible, maybe somebody here can come up with a solution. But mods which deliver some additional fun are more important. Smile
ASM.

387 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:

The cars disappearing too close - I think it has something to do with the traffic settings and we were not able to change it. But then again - maybe everythingís possible, maybe somebody here can come up with a solution. But mods which deliver some additional fun are more important. Smile

Traffic (de)spawn distances can be configured in the corresponding traffic actor in scene2.bin. Alternatively one can use Mafia Patcher to patch the values in memory without having to touch every single mission (see option TrafficSpawnDistance and TrafficDespawnDistance).
madmaxgamer

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I made this a loooong long time ago, when i was trying to make the mod. It works, and i have a ton of cars on the streets. Peds too.

Check the radar. Thats how many cars are on the streets, at all times. Its wonderful.
AMadeMan

282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

So awesome to see so many cars loaded in one area.
MG421982

11 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Great job, keep it up!

Sorry for my ignorance, but could you enlighten me (and maybe others too) what's the difference between Stable build, Pack for lazy people and Packs for diligent people? It's the same stuff?! If it's the same stuff, why the archives sizes are so different between Stable build (~135mb) and the other archives (some of them +1Gb)?!?! I'd like to download the complete pack and do not know which one is that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: