FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9864 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I know that Neutral & Pinkshit already discovered this (they used it as the 'win' cutscene for the racing mode they created as part of Mafia Classic Mod Deluxe), but I haven't found it anywhere in isolation, so I loaded it into a mission and recorded it for all to see.
One thing that's worth noting is that the three winners loaded in by the .diff file disappear when the .rec file is loaded (I put them back in manually). I assume this is because they are placeholders that would then be replaced with whoever came 1st, 2nd & 3rd in a specific race.
Looking in the hex there were also a number of sounds that had their filenames deliberately altered so the game wouldn't find them to play, but any attempt to restore them seems to produce a crash. Additionally, I assume the ground is missing either because the cutscene was meant to be transplanted into one of several locations (depending on which circuit was selected), or because it requirs a model/scene.4ds that was completely removed from the game.

Below is the cutscene in question, along with the loading screens that originally accompanied each circuit. If you look to the left of a couple of the images, you can see the edge of the raw screenshot they took with the edge of the filter they put over it!

The official Mafioso Mod thread
semodo

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

How did you manage to put the cup into winners hands? Thanks
AsaSK

9864 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

semodo wrote:
How did you manage to put the cup into winners hands? Thanks

I didn't Smile

semodo

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

AsaSK wrote:

I didn't Smile

I have attached ground to this cutscene, but can't make the cup to show up. If it is not you who made it which mod do you use?

Edit: Ah it should be Classic Delux mod than.
AsaSK

9864 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

semodo wrote:
AsaSK wrote:

I didn't Smile

I have attached ground to this cutscene, but can't make the cup to show up. If it is not you who made it which mod do you use?

Edit: Ah it should be Classic Delux mod than.

Edit edit: It isn't a mod, it's a cutscene that was hidden in the game files.

As for your problem, you can attach objects via the command human_linktohand or by using MWE to move the object into the hand and making the hand the object's parent (e.g. Tommy.r_hand).

brokenneedlecaa76

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

AsaSK thank you so much for sharing this find with us.I would really like to have this celebration as the one for the version of the racing i've pieced together. certainly love to hear see more of the racing stuff, in fact it's a shame that some of the modders couldn't do a project of it.
I've had so much trouble playing the races for the last few months; however, in the last week I've gone from playing one race over and over to now having 13 different tracks to race on in championship without crashes. I found some of this and added some of that and it all worked out in the end finally. I appreciate all your input and great shares and knowledge that i've been able to use to complete my task. I do have one problem though; I have single race and it allows to complete central island but this is the only single race it will play any thoughts? One other question, is how to have the rounds go into next rounds or at least always go back to racing menu automatically when completed.any input would be great? thanks again, and please keeping sharing it helps us all.
brokenneedlecaa76

41 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

i found the two cutscenes on the ps2.iso for the races. one being the fairplay celebration and the other being the championship. how do i load the cutscene into the game.I want to include it as my ending for my championship race ending all 13 races finally. what do i do to change their pss extension into a usable pc extension. again thank you for whoever made the racing mods.
semodo

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Mafia's cut racing mode - victory cutscene Reply with quote

There is an improved version of this mode created by olegon:
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4Fsn/j4HRcQCzb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: