FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1258 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

This looks so much better! Smile
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Looks amazing!! Applause
Honza_B

1554 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Abradox wrote:
a new model of phone in Salieri's bar.

Mighty pretty! Thanks for that! As for the resemblance with the original model - as was previously mentioned - it is a controversial topic, and I pretty much agree with you on the phone... For my peace of mind, I changed the bottom part to green. It resembles the original model more, but in my opinion, it is unfortunately less stylish. It wouldnít be technically impossible at that time though (the only question is why would somebody do it Smile ). What do you think? What does the rest of you think? Which version do you prefer?

Btw, I spoke with spartaque12 about putting MARR into the collection of mods on the Russian Mafia forum and now I see you are the one who created the post there. I suppose you are somehow connected, right? I mean, I would appreciate if it was posted there amongst the other mods, especially if some note about the possibility to contribute with individual work would be present as well (thatís up to you of course). We kind of ditched the Russian scene not posting there ourselves because of the language barrier...
Abradox

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
Mighty pretty! Thanks for that! As for the resemblance with the original model - as was previously mentioned - it is a controversial topic, and I pretty much agree with you on the phone... For my peace of mind, I changed the bottom part to green. It resembles the original model more, but in my opinion, it is unfortunately less stylish. It wouldnít be technically impossible at that time though (the only question is why would somebody do it Smile ). What do you think? What does the rest of you think? Which version do you prefer?

Btw, I spoke with spartaque12 about putting MARR into the collection of mods on the Russian Mafia forum and now I see you are the one who created the post there. I suppose you are somehow connected, right? I mean, I would appreciate if it was posted there amongst the other mods, especially if some note about the possibility to contribute with individual work would be present as well (thatís up to you of course). We kind of ditched the Russian scene not posting there ourselves because of the language barrier...

I'm glad you like it.
A green box below the phone in the original model used a texture from the beta version of train texture. I don't know why developers do that but it's funny. Smile
I agree green box is less stylish than one color version of the phone. I think other guys will agree with you and me.
I offer you add this phone (with the green box below if you want) in MARR, but in our mod pack, I prefer to add a whole grey version of the phone.
Czech developers trying to recreate aesthetics of USA 1930th, but in 1998-2003 they have less possibility with poor internet at that time, and Mafia have bugs, mistakes, inaccuracy e.t.c. and better to fix it if we can.
Developers had to change the automobile brands to fictitious for obvious reasons.

Yes, spartaques12 help me with Reshade and other things. Many modders discuss mods, problems and get advice. MARR will be posted there and include in the installer of mods. I ask rimsky (a guy who worked on installer) to add information about MARR in the installer.
Language barrier it's a serious reason, I understand.
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
Abradox wrote:
a new model of phone in Salieri's bar.

we will add your mod asap , we didn't update bundle of mods on eng thread , and ofc we will add note about contribution with individual work and etc
Honza_B

1554 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

spartaque12 wrote:
we will add your mod asap

Sure, no problem, I only saw the same name in the topic and so I wanted to ask, itís not like thereís some hurry... Tell me what you think about the phone. Smile If you have an opinion... Because Iím not quite sure which one to add to the list...

I know the lower part was originally textured from the train and I know about the differences between the game and history. Of course, this could be viewed as nitpicking - who cares about one phone - but it is a part of the whole approach towards making new models and textures... That is where do you stand in the area of realism when making new graphics, keeping in mind that the whole game is fictitious, blending a few cities on the east coast with San Francisco trams for example...
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:

Tell me what you think about the phone. Smile If you have an opinion... Because Iím not quite sure which one to add to the list

i dunno man it looks awesome and fits in game perfectly , and green lower part isn't aesthetic imo Smile
Abradox

67 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
Sure, no problem, I only saw the same name in the topic and so I wanted to ask, itís not like thereís some hurry... Tell me what you think about the phone. Smile If you have an opinion... Because Iím not quite sure which one to add to the list...

I know the lower part was originally textured from the train and I know about the differences between the game and history. Of course, this could be viewed as nitpicking - who cares about one phone - but it is a part of the whole approach towards making new models and textures... That is where do you stand in the area of realism when making new graphics, keeping in mind that the whole game is fictitious, blending a few cities on the east coast with San Francisco trams for example...

I know the game is fictitious, the city is fictitious, but developers try to recreate aesthetics. I think there must be a compromise between game and realism. We can try to recreate every texture close to original but it can take an eternity or we can get all we have now and publish it for people. I don't think that they remember the color of the box below the phone.

Other guys from my post chose this texture.

but green box may be optional.

I'll try to explain a conception. The developers were forced to make changes in
the game, they replace real car names with fictional. They change rims, grills, and other details on textures to avoid lawsuits. There is no sense in re-creating these things. We can do these things right, and no one will be able to sue us because of this is for free. Our duty to fix all mismatches, and make the game more authentic, realistic.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I like the green one more.

Edited hands a bit to make knuckles stand out more:

Old:

New:
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

That's a lot better, looks more like a hand Thumbs up (left)

The official Mafioso Mod thread
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Looks great! The knuckles make it look a lot better.
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

nice one , tommy reborn <3 ))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: