FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Fallout 4 Now Official
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

I know that Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father even though I haven't watched any of the Star Wars movies (yet) Sticking out tongue

About the video, well, I'm not a professional by any means, but you know what they say about practice... I'm also probably going to do a new one as well some time in the beginning of April, as there have been lots of new very good mods published this month and well, admittedly I also discovered some not-so-new mods that had slipped my attention before. I'm not jealous of course so I'm going to post the links to some of the mods that keep me pulling back to this game even though there is nothing left for me to do in the game other than... well "kill. loot. return" or as the saying goes...

OLD WORLD RADIO - BOSTON - I hadn't installed any radio mods before because I felt that the original soundtrack was very good already and so I figured it would be best not to fix what's not broken. When I finally installed this mod, I was damn happy I did. Not only are the music radio stations in this mod very well made and lore-friendly, but I personally immediately fell in love with the "X Minus One" and "Tales From The Zone" stations, which consist of old-time radio sci-fi dramas. If you liked the Silver Shroud you are going to love this. Seriously. Installing this mod is one of the best decisions in my life.

Grasslands - stunning new grass (I made a video showcase for it as well). Expect a bit of a performance hit (I tried doubling the grass density via the ini settings and with that tweak, managed to drop my avg framerate from 35+ to 16-19 near the Lonely Chapel). With the vanilla grass density, the performance hit is not so big but still present, I'd say 5, possibly up to 10 FPS in places with lots of grass.

Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - guns sound like guns now

Better Explosives - explosives are deadly now. I use the Superlite version and they are already way more powerful than in the vanilla game

Synth Overhaul - C.A.S.T - synths are now more varied and look way cooler. Use with Synth Armors and Uniforms - Standalone Mega Pack (also recommend getting Minutemen and Raider overhauls if you haven't already)

Pip-Boy Flashlight - get a decent flashlight for your Pip Boy instead of the vanilla sickly green glow...

Langleys HD Textures Workshop - a very nice set of retextures that I personally had missed before for some reason

4k Workstations - sharper-looking workbenches instead of the blurry vanilla ones

The new video is also going to be shorter because 1) most of the mods are the same as in the March video 2) I think with the short attention spans that everybody has these days, an 8-minute video is a tad too long in this "genre" anyways. I reckon the optimal length would be 3-5 minutes and possibly with more "action" meaning that the scenes get changed quicker. I think I could (and probably should) have cut some clips/scenes shorter in the March video as well

I sure hope that the Far Harbor DLC has a decent storyline. Automatron is fun but with no real story and as the scenery of the Commonwealth gets improved all the time now with mods, the shallow and bland characters begin to look even more shallow and more boring; If this was New Vegas I would be well into my second playthrough now, but I'm not inclined to doing so in FO4 as it looks to me as there is no point in trying out allying with a different faction since they're all essentially the same...
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Whow, thanks for sharing these links!

Oddly enough, only some mods seem to work. Pretty much anything texture related is not showing up at all.
Do all of these mods work on your game?
My config files are set properly, the install directories are correct, but it doesn't work. All tutorials give the same basic info and most even contradict each other. What?

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Whow, thanks for sharing these links!

Oddly enough, only some mods seem to work. Pretty much anything texture related is not showing up at all.
My config files are set properly, the install directories are correct, but it doesn't work. All tutorials give the same basic info and most even contradict each other. What?

Probably a stupid question Rob but did you download
the Nexus Mod Manager? For some reason since update
1.3 the only way to get any mods to work was using NMM
also sometimes the fallout4.ini and fallout4prefs.ini tend to
revert if you don't set them to read only.

Also check that in the fallout4.ini the line with
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

hasn't reverted back to

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

On a side note: it is no point going for the Survival beta as
this definitely renders all mods and changes inoperable.

Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

That's weird, all of them are working very nicely on my end.

Muggy wrote:

Also check that in the fallout4.ini the line with
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

hasn't reverted back to

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\

Actually this is not necessary anymore and some claim that this can actually increase loading times.

What most people are recommending, and what works for me is this method:

Quote:
You will need to add the following lines to the Fallout4Prefs.ini file below the section marked [Launcher]:

bEnableFileSelection=1

You will need to add the following line in Fallout4Custom.ini:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Source: this Gopher's video, his channel is one of the best places for Fallout 4 (and New Vegas as well) mod-related tutorials (at least as far as installing mods go).

And yeah, as Muggy mentioned, opting in the beta also disables all mods.

Edit: oh and BTW, in my Fallout4.ini (My Documents/MyGames/Fallout 4) the "sResourceDataDirsFinal=" part is empty:

Quote:
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I've re-checked all configuration files and they are exactly like how they should be. I also made them read-only.

It seems like these files are ignored or something. Because that hidden button on the lancher that the benablefileselection=1 should enable also ain't there.

I'm using Nexus MM to install all mods. All content it installs seems to be going to the proper directories.

These are always the odd kind of issues that only my computer struggles with. I never understood why.

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Thanks guys, I've re-checked all configuration files and they are exactly like how they should be. I also made them read-only.

It seems like these files are ignored or something. Because that hidden button on the lancher that the benablefileselection=1 should enable also ain't there.

I'm using Nexus MM to install all mods. All content it installs seems to be going to the proper directories.

These are always the odd kind of issues that only my computer struggles with. I never understood why.

Just a thought Rob, are you running FO4 from the launcher
or have you tried using NMM then choosing all plugins and
launching from there. The reason I ask is when updates 1.3
onwards were released the option to click on the helmet on
the launcher to access the data or plugins was removed so
I had to use NMM to activate any mods I had. Once you have
done this 1 time you should be able to launch the game with all
the mods from the launcher as usual after this.

Alternatively you could look from the plugins text and check
if this is read only
C:\Users\your name\local\fallout 4 - plugins.txt

Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

No luck unfortunately. It's bugging the hell out of me. Impossible
The weird thing is that some mods do seem to work, but others don't. It shows completely random.

The radio mod only shows the new channels but there's no music. And I also installed a bunker mod which does load the custom objects, but the actual functionality to enter them doesn't exist.

Just curious, what paths did you guys use to install your mods in?

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
No luck unfortunately. It's bugging the hell out of me. Impossible
The weird thing is that some mods do seem to work, but others don't. It shows completely random.

The radio mod only shows the new channels but there's no music. And I also installed a bunker mod which does load the custom objects, but the actual functionality to enter them doesn't exist.

Just curious, what paths did you guys use to install your mods in?

To be totally honest as far as installing the mods or textures
I did this manually i.e. any .esp .esm files go into the Data
folder in C:\Games\Steamapps\Common\Fallout4\Data
along with Textures, Interface, Sounds, respective folders

Sometimes there are folders within folders that have files
that are also installed.

This is my Data folder at present:

I tried that suggestion Welcome2Stonia suggested in the fallout4.ini
in My Documents\My Games\Fallout 4 by removing the line
sResourceDataDirsFinal=Strings* left it as sResourceDataDirsFinal=
and added the two lines in Fallout4Custom.ini
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

And everything is working as I can see. I hope Bethesda will enable
the Data and DLC's and other mods to be launched from the launcher
like they did with Fallout 3 - all this faffing about putting this here and
that there is rather time consuming...I want to play the darn game not
do all this farting about.

It's a case of trial and error just check contents of all the folders
in the data folder and see if everything is there. Come to think of
it I do remember when installing the early mods I did wonder why
content kept going missing not sure if that would apply and you will
have the arduous task of reinstalling files again.. hope not of course.

anyway keep us updated how you are doing.

Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Hmm, I think I've found what has been going wrong here.
Apparently, Nexus has asked for 2 separate mod installation folders. God knows why. Some were installed within the Fallout folder inside the Steam directory as they should, and all the others were installed in a separate folder named K:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\mods
I don't think that's supposed to happen so I merged both directories to the same path and I'm still reďnstalling the whole bunch. I haven't had enough time yesterday to see if it worked so hopefully I'll manage to do that tonight.

www.Robville.net
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I won't be doing another "visual setup" video in April, but as of now, I'm rather aiming for doing one in May.

The reason for this is the fact that the time I had intended to allocate on doing the video was spent on another small idea I had with the game. So, without further ado, here's my first real mod: the Minutemen Propaganda Posters

The original game rarely lets you decide anything regarding the politics and direction that the Minutemen are moving in as a faction, even though the player (if they choose to save the original Minutemen survivors from the raiders in the beginning of the game, of course) becomes the "leader" of that faction fairly early in the game. With these posters I'm just trying to give at least a bit more options to how the player themselves perceive the Minutemen faction, the role of the General and the relationships with other characters in the Wasteland.
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

As promised: Fallout 4 Visual Setup (May 2016)

I'm not sure if there's anything I can highlight from this video as there are lots of great mods that I'm using. The overall look is pretty much the same as in the March video as I'm running the same ENB and ReShade presets, but what really put the cherry on top of that IMO was the idea of adding LUTs from Vintage Film Looks Kodak Kodachrome 828 preset. The colors are somewhat softer now and, dare I say, look very Fallout-y. I've posted the whole list of mods I use here if anyone's interested Wink
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

The only mods or enhancements I use are

Beautiful Sanctuary/Character House
Spring Cleaning inc. Realistic Scrap
True Storms: Wasteland Edition
No NPC comments
Move that workbench
Insignificant Object Removal.
Campsite
Bridge Fix (the bridge entering Sanctuary)
Unlimited Followers

It may be me, but the graphics seem to have been improved
since the 1.5.157 update. Initially when trying to continue from
where I had reached in the game none of the above mods would
work and the game crashed - however by starting a new game I
was able to install them again. The only mods that still crash
the game are any that involve the HUD and the menu.swf.. so
waiting for updates for ones like clearer recon scope, smaller
HUD (I find the rather large text in the game very obtrusive)

Last edited by Muggy on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

Indeed, these screenshots look pretty darn good for an (almost) vanilla game Smile

Here's my comparison screenshots from when I first played the vanilla game and from a recent 2nd playthrough beginning

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:32 am    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

long time since I posted about Fallout 4

Have to say first that there's been a mish-mash
of good and bad.. the good being the DLCs
have been relatively good but with them new
bugs that fortunately Bethesda have at least
addressed these with some updates; however
these in turn have brought out new bugs which
have had to also be addressed.. so had to restart from
scratch for the 4th time now.. the last bug I
encountered was the xp point counter was
speeding up rapidly so when I had reached
level 100 it suddenly went up to level

Laughing btw the character name is my daughter's name.

Still enjoying the game though.

On a humorous note: We now know where
Codsworth's funny comments come from
or at least were inspired by - e.g. "Tis but a scratch!"
and "Running away eh!"

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:33 am    Post subject: Fallout 4 Now Official Reply with quote

long time since I posted an update of
how things are with FO4. With the
new Gigabyte 1070 card the game
looks good. However not sure what
the tech term or how you call this
glitching in certain areas of the game.

These screenshots are taken from the
Mechanist's Lair - I have also encountered
this in other games as well. Some info
and ideas would be appreciated.

*It is not the GPU as it also happened
with the GTX 970 and the 760 as well Thinking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Games Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: