FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia is now back on Steam!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

This is a day I didn't think would ever come. For the first time in 5 years, Mafia City of Lost Heaven is now back on Steam for $15. Thank you all so much for keeping the Mafia community alive for the time of the game's absence and even before it's removal. Because of all of us together, we made it aware people still care about this hidden but beautiful game.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
This is a day I didn't think would
ever come. For the first time in 5 years, Mafia City of
Lost Heaven is now back on Steam for $15. Thank you
all so much for keeping the Mafia community alive for
the time of the game's absence and even before it's
removal. Because of all of us together, we made it
aware people still care about this hidden but beautiful
game.

I just checked Mafia on steam and according to the site
the price is 7.99 GBP; looks like the US is paying a lot
more for the game - bit of a rip off if you ask me.
I already own the game both on steam and the
retail version.

AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

It would probably be better to wait for sale since $14.99 seems a little high for a game from 2002. Just like with the GOG version though, it doesn't have any of the licensed soundtrack.
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

9830 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

I've lost track of how many Sold-Out Software copies I've purchased since 2007, that and torrented the game a few times when I could find a disc. I bet with the former I've significantly contributed to Dan Vavra's retirement fund Laughing
But in all seriousness, he said on his Twitter that he's not making a penny from the GOG copies, not sure why. I wonder if that also applies to the Steam version..

The official Mafioso Mod thread
ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

9,99 in the German store.

AsaSK wrote:

But in all seriousness, he said on his Twitter that he's not making a penny from the GOG copies, not sure why. I wonder if that also applies to the Steam version..

I guess the copyright to the game entirely belongs to Take 2.

Has anyone got hold of a copy from Steam? I'm interested in file hashes for the game's binaries (notably Game.exe, LS3DF.dll, rw_data.dll and setup.exe) to check whether there're any differences to the GOG release.
flovivi

262 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now back on Steam!!! Reply with quote

sadly without the music, as i have heard.

does anybody know if they replaced the music, or there is just no music at all? just curious.

luckily i have a hard copy of it still. can't imagine mafia without the music! back then when i was still little, i put all of the mafia's songs on my old mp3. that was more than 10 years ago.

how time flies... Sarcastic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: