FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Crashing with RCF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edkins

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Crashing with RCF Reply with quote

Hi all,
I've just discovered and downloaded "Real Car Facing" 1.6. I've never used any version of it before. Firstly, I'd like to congratulate the creator on an excellent mod, but I have a problem. Whenever I cross the Little Italy bridge to Central Island, the game crashes. This also happens on the CI to Downtown tilting bridge. A minute ago, I also noticed that while using the submod that allows you to ride as a passenger in someone else's car, the game crashes whilst going through the tunnel between LI and CI.

If it's any help, the only other mods I'm using are Mr d00d's real car names mod, and SgtJoeEnder's Gun Realism mod. I was also planning to use the mafia traffic mod, and Harry's graphical revolution, but thought they might be causing the problem, so turned them off. I have however determined that RCF is almost certainly the cause.

Many thanks.
PtyIersworId

113 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Crashing with RCF Reply with quote

I remember having this problem, and at first I thought it was a mod conflict. I tried many things to fix it, but did not have any luck. Then I remembered a technique that Mr_Robville actually discovered in his Titanic mod thread. It turned out that by applying a 4GB patch to the game's exe file, it allowed the game to use more memory. What used to happen is that the mod made the game use so much memory, that after it passed a certain amount, the game would crash. The 4GB crash actually fixed that for me, by raising the amount of memory the game could use. I did that, and no more crashes.

The patch I used can be found at http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php or by Google searching "4GB patch ntcore" and clicking the first link.
Edkins

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Crashing with RCF Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your help! Unfortunately, it seems that the 4gb patch causes a steam error code 51 for my Mafia...

Verifying the game's files fixes the error, but I assume it also deletes the patch. I will try and install RCF and see what happens.

Edit: Yes, I was right (I think) the patch has been deleted by verifying the files.

FIXED IT NOW! Thanks for your help!
PtyIersworId

113 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Crashing with RCF Reply with quote

You're welcome! Smile Was it the patch that fixed it, or was it something else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: