FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

M1 - a problem with visibility of objects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falkvard

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: M1 - a problem with visibility of objects Reply with quote

Hello, I encountered a problem with objects disappearing when modifying original maps. For better understanding I made this video:
https://youtu.be/RYXdHnw73p4

When I remove an object, house in particular (and its collisions), the game still acts as if it was there, and thus doesnt show objects that are hidden behind the original object.

I am trying to make an interier of a shop / bar, but in game, I can not see any objects inside it unless I get past the point where the original house was.

Any idea as to where and how this can be fixed?
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: M1 - a problem with visibility of objects Reply with quote

its typical technique of mafia occluders , did u try mafia widescreen where u could set draw distance?
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: M1 - a problem with visibility of objects Reply with quote

As spartaque12 already pointed out it's caused by occluders which are invisible meshes used for occlusion culling. The renderer skips rendering of any objects which are covered by one (or more) of these occluders from the current camera viewpoint.

To fix the issue you should ideally delete the offending occluder. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any tools that visualize occluders which can make it difficult to identify which of them need to be deleted; MWE's Jump To function might help a bit with that. In this particular case it looks like you're modifying the tutorial mission which only has a total of two occluders with occluder2 being the one you need to get rid of from what I can tell.
falkvard

21 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: M1 - a problem with visibility of objects Reply with quote

Thank you ASM, just what I needed to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: