FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia World Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Thanks, DC||ED helped me, but which parameter what I need to insert a stabile (not like street signs!) object (model)?
Quote:
Type
|--objects
| |
| |-Camera
| |-Light
| |-Model Object
| |-Sector
| |-Standard Object
|
|--Object Definitions
| |
| |-Car
| |-Door
| |-Enemy
| |-Pedestrian Setup
| |-Physical object
| |-Player
| |-Race camera
| |-Script
| |-Traffic Setup
|
|----Init Script

So, wich one that I need? (Sorry for bad english.)
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Is there anybody knows how I can move a selected object with mouse to any directions (X, Y and Z)? Thinking Because when I try that, I can't move that object up and down (only left, right, forward and backward)! Confused
Ventilator

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

1254 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Zsombor wrote:
Is there anybody knows how I can move a selected object with mouse to any directions (X, Y and Z)? Thinking Because when I try that, I can't move that object up and down (only left, right, forward and backward)! Confused

Why don't you read the Readme.txt file that comes with the installation of M.W.E. ?

Readme.txt wrote:
Translation Mode (Ctrl-3): Like Select Mode but allows objects to be moved by mouse or cursor keys. To move objects in XZ plane hold left mouse button down.
.......................... Use ALT + Left Mouse Button to move objects along the world's Y-Axis.
Alternatively cursor keys can be used. Note that cursor keys are intended for fine tuning and precision work only.
Hold down SHIFT along with a cursor key to move objects a little bit faster.

Cursor Up/Down - Move object along world's Z-Axis
Alt Cursor Up/Down - Move object along world's Y-Axis

V3NT1L4T0R
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

If I understand correctly, I need press [Alt] for move objects to Y axis? Thanks. Wink (I did not notice in readme.txt that I had browsed Salute )
AsaSK

8781 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

I might be being thick, but.. in version 0.4.0 the option to change camera speed appears to have been removed. It isn't in the settings tab and I've checked all the documentation but I can't find anything written about it.. Thinking

The official Mafioso Mod thread
ASM.

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Since 0.4.0 the camera speed can be configured via the Camera Speed combobox at the bottom of the perspective-view window, next to the camera coordinates textboxes. Smile
Revan31

71 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Since v0.4.0. I can't use 1 - Selection Mode. Circle cursor is still loading. I wanted to do this changes in the v0.3.7 version but editor crashes all the time I think due to that mission was already edited in the newer version. I am using Windows 10.
ASM.

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:

Since v0.4.0. I can't use 1 - Selection Mode. Circle cursor is still loading.

Yes, it shows the busy-cursor when changing modes for some reason but the mouse should still be fully functional. It typically switches back to the regular pointer-cursor as soon as you move the mouse a bit or press a button.
Revan31

71 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

Since v0.4.0. I can't use 1 - Selection Mode. Circle cursor is still loading.

Yes, it shows the busy-cursor when changing modes for some reason but the mouse should still be fully functional. It typically switches back to the regular pointer-cursor as soon as you move the mouse a bit or press a button.

Yes thats right, mouse switches back, but I am still not able to select meshes of the model through Selection mode. Its not activated.
ASM.

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Does selecting work in the other edit modes? Also, when you try to select an object, does it select nothing at all or does it select another, unrelated object? You can check whether something was selected by checking the Properties window.
Revan31

71 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

If you mean if I can select meshes during Rotation or Scaling, then no. I can always select only whole object.
AsaSK

8781 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Since 0.4.0 the camera speed can be configured via the Camera Speed combobox at the bottom of the perspective-view window, next to the camera coordinates textboxes. Smile

Salute

The official Mafioso Mod thread
ASM.

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:
If you mean if I can select meshes during Rotation or Scaling, then no. I can always select only whole object.

Hm I think I misunderstood. I was under the impression picking would not work at all. Oops!

If you want to select sub-objects of a model instance in v0.4.0, click on the object with the left mouse button while holding the Y key.
Revan31

71 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia World Editor Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

Hm I think I misunderstood. I was under the impression picking would not work at all. Oops!

If you want to select sub-objects of a model instance in v0.4.0, click on the object with the left mouse button while holding the Y key.

Thats what I wanted Smile I overlooked that row in the Keys.txt which explaining this function Impossible Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: