FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you consider buying it?
YES
57%
 57%  [4]
Nah, I'll stick with my boxed/Steam copy.
42%
 42%  [3]
Total Votes : 7

ZaKlaus

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

42 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

The game we love and know very well has been released on the GOG store!

Store page: GOG Link

NOTE: The game does not contain any licensed music - only the game's original soundtrack.

HOWEVER you could get the music back by simply following this user's tutorial: GOG Mafia Forum
mammix

24 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

Great news! I have few original copies, so I won't buy another one, but it's great that it is finally offically avaliable. Maybe that will also mean that more people will hear of it.
ZaKlaus

42 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

It is currently front-paged on the GOG site. Their forum already shows newcomers' attention.
AMadeMan

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

This is just amazing. Mafia City of Lost Heaven is finally back after 5 years of absent from digital store fronts. Truly a beautiful time for the Mafia community. Applause ApplauseApplause

I wonder if it's because of the 15 year anniversary?
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

Whaaa? No music? It's like MAFIA, but worse.

And no view distance upgrades? I feel sorry for the people who play that way.

GOG is a great idea, but too often they're just making sausage out of classics. This is just a random cash grab by whoever owns the IP these days. Not that the game shouldn't be for sale, but the above, WTF.

Licensing the music (or those car brands they apparently decided needed licensing) raised the total cost of the game. The copyright holders deserve to be compensated (although I think it's completely stupid long dead musicians' work isn't in the public domain) but apparently they wanted so much money to sell this already completed creative work that GOG decided it wouldn't sell at that price; too close to the original price.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some copyright claims to contest on YouTube Sticking out tongue
LeroyPeterson

23 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Mafia is now available for purchase on the GOG website! Reply with quote

I got an email from GOG to say it was available. So pleased to see it getting lots of love.

I'm sure mods and users will find a way to improve a few short-comings... the licensed music was always going to be an issue. Fingers crossed some graphics mods step up a bit, but tweaking that people have done thus far on the LS3D engine, it doesnt look likely Sad
(I just want better Anti-aliasing Sticking out tongue though I could try force my graphics card control panel to override the game engine...)

I'll probably buy it again when its on special. Got my boxed copy for whenever I want to get back into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: