FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Titanic Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Sorry for the silence folks Smile
Progress hasn't been too fast lately, although I have been doing a little bit of modelling. Something rather different, but also involved with the mod:

As for the other Titanic mod. It is actually the main reason I started this one.
A classmate of mine mentioned it at school but wasn't sure to remember where he found it. When I got home, I searched the web vigorously but to no avail unfortunately, so I started working on a Titanic mod myself.
It was until many many many years later that I found out that the mod my classmate mentioned was actually posted right here on Mafiascene. The creator however was -from what I could read- somewhat emotionally unstable and he disappeared shortly after a small rant he posted. To my knowledge, the mod was never released, and I never got to see any footage of it as all of the image links had already expired years before. When MS's forum database got wiped clean, so was the last trace of this mod, and the only thing that remains nowadays is simply a rumor.

www.Robville.net
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Looks stunning Mr. Robville! Thank you on regard with my question about the old titanic mod. Again no rush, take as much time as you need.
huckleberrypie

328 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

So the other Titanic mod got lost to history then.

And what's with the stick figures doing the T-pose? Sticking out tongue
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

The stick figures are there for sizing everything since the building is made from scratch. What I think is a tall ceiling usually is way too low for a 3rd person game interior where the camera could easily bump into it. Lot of areas onboard the Titanic can only be played in "first person mode" simply because there is not enough room to distance the camera. Sticking out tongue

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1282 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Everytime you upload a screenshot of some of your work, I can't help but think how talented you are. I mean damn, just look at that! Cool shades

Thanks for dropping in, Mr. Rob, hope everything's going great for you Thumbs up (left)
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

So what is the building supposed to be in the screenshot?
Hunter

2177 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

I think someone posted this, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1AJkx3X2cM
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Any news regarding the new version of the Renault Towncar that you shown?
flovivi

289 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

What I like about your mod is that the models and textures are not too high quality for the original mafia graphics, but totally enough to be clear, smooth and just stunning. The work and dedication you put into this is amazing.

I am currently working on a mafia-like game on unity, and I was wondering did you make the textures from scratch? Or did you take pictures and edited them? I find texturing to be a pain in the ass that usually is very time consuming Whistling And it is also hard to find some free textures that actually suit the model.. would be great to get some texturing Tipps from such an advanced modder like you.

**sorry for the off-topic btw Laughing if its too off-topic you can simply leave me a private message.

Best regards
Flo
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

flovivi wrote:
What I like about your mod is that the models and textures are not too high quality for the original mafia graphics, but totally enough to be clear, smooth and just stunning. The work and dedication you put into this is amazing.

I am currently working on a mafia-like game on unity, and I was wondering did you make the textures from scratch? Or did you take pictures and edited them? I find texturing to be a pain in the ass that usually is very time consuming Whistling And it is also hard to find some free textures that actually suit the model.. would be great to get some texturing Tipps from such an advanced modder like you.

**sorry for the off-topic btw Laughing if its too off-topic you can simply leave me a private message.

Best regards
Flo

I would also like some tips from him as well. His incredible effort for this mod makes me wonder how he textured it all.
Mr Robville

255852 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply! and also sorry for the lack of progress lately. Quite a few things going on in life. Smile

I appreciate to hear that! Pretty much all of my textures' source is www.textures.com (formerly cgtextures).
While some images are more plug and play than others, they all go through Photoshop first.
Tileable textures usually only require a color correction and a resize. For prominent areas I like to keep those resolutions at 512x512. And for really complex ones even 1024x1024.
For some textures such as the floor in the reception room, I actually modelled the whole pattern in Rhino4, rendered it in Cinema 4D, and give the final touches such as dirt in Photoshop.

Unique textures take most work, such as wall paneling or specific items within areas. This is a matter of stitching together many elements from textures that I gathered from Textures.com, rendering some parts myself, and trying multiple variations of it ingame until I'm satisfied.

Objects such as furniture or machinery all have baked textures. Take a winch for example. I'd apply a tileable metal texture to it in Cinema4D, and then bake its shadows and global illumination onto it and generate a whole new texture from it. Global illumination is important for me. If a white object is in an area with a red carpeted floor, I make sure the texture has the red reflection of the light cast onto it, so that the model looks more fitting in the environment.

Tip, if you are unsure what resolution to use, start high. You could even use 2048x2048 for a simple item. If the texture is too demanding or too crisp for the game, you can always downsize. I've downsized a lot of textures for optimization purposes, which I guess contributes a lot to the consistency of the graphics.

I've yet to release the new Renault Towncar model but haven't got round to finish it yet. Guilty
I'll see if I can make some time for that in the near future.

www.Robville.net
AMadeMan

314 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: The Titanic Mod Reply with quote

That's good to know. And very interesting about how you made the textures, that ought to be added to the documentary of this mod's creation once its finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: