FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit ē View your posts ē View unanswered posts

Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Honza_B

1556 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

You did not see our wonderful memes which we kept making out of Harryís initiative to keep ourselves relatively sane and which were supposed to keep you reading. Until now. Because Onedrive is horrible, urls are not static and the embed function doesnít work. Different service is used now. Sorry folks. The gallery with renders on Onedrive works though...
Hunter

1564 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Impressive models Smile
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

292 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Finally saw the pictures on the previous side and it's gorgeous and funny. Laughing
This mod will patch the old look of our favorite game, great news. Congrats. Applause
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I can see the pictures on page 1 now, nice! The textures in the screenshots look absolutely stunning! My hopes are pretty high with this project. Best of luck brothers.
Hubi

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Amazing work so far! I'm so happy that there is still new high quality stuff coming out for my favorite game Very happy
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

great mod , keep it up and gl , but man im wondering why u were so hypocritical when u wrote that line?
Quote:

ďReallyĒ because the goal we set for this thing is not to put out a few new textures, add a few lights and water shader and finally blur

i know on which source u tried 2 reference :/
Honza_B

1556 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

spartaque12 wrote:
why u were so hypocritical when u wrote that line?

Well, I donít like to dissemble - and we really did not like the thing. Smile Maybe it was important to mention since we want people to contribute, but if you read it in the context of the whole text, you might get a different outcome.: There are two approaches towards improving the in-game graphics. Either make as much as you can while not being so true to the original game - and make something not-so-good looking for people like me - but on the other hand complete, or do it "perfectly" and never finish.

I tried to write why we chose our way and this statement was part of it, but I knowingly donít support it with facts, just with opinions. Hence itís still a matter of choice, only I prefer sincerity before correctness. But since you commented about it, I shall add: It goes without saying, that there are almost no efforts in game modding for which their authors wouldnít deserve appreciation - if merely for the time they spent on it.

Also, I like that you keep the different parts separated, so that even picky morons like me can choose. Smile
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

I'd love to see the character models and building models remade.
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

yeah new models of building will be awesome , but even at beginning will be great if someone add some polygons to Tommy hand , his hand just ugly af
Honza_B

1556 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

spartaque12 wrote:
new models of building will be awesome / add some polygons to Tommy hand , his hand just ugly af

I couldnít agree more! As mentioned in the original post, the problem here is that nobody will join us and we donít have time anymore (for now at least), so the only thing this mod will ever be is a memorial to those who wanted to do it right. But if youíre willing to make a building, you will get our full cooperation. Smile As far as characters are concerned, to quote the original post: "Itís not possible to create characters. Bones are lost when exporting to .4ds. Period." So much for that. This beauty needs a new engine... Anybody has a few extra million dollars?
spartaque12

59 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
spartaque12 wrote:
new models of building will be awesome / add some polygons to Tommy hand , his hand just ugly af

I couldnít agree more! As mentioned in the original post, the problem here is that nobody will join us and we donít have time anymore (for now at least), so the only thing this mod will ever be is a memorial to those who wanted to do it right. But if youíre willing to make a building, you will get our full cooperation. Smile As far as characters are concerned, to quote the original post: "Itís not possible to create characters. Bones are lost when exporting to .4ds. Period." So much for that. This beauty needs a new engine... Anybody has a few extra million dollars?

sadly im not modeller , and sad that tommy couldn't even get normal fingers , everything all i can do is only watching your progress and admire some work :/
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

Honza_B wrote:
spartaque12 wrote:

Hopefully there will be a way to export to another program without losing the bones. I don't know a thing about modeling, but could it be possible to recreate the bones in .4ds or use a substitute? How are the bones lost in the first place?
Honza_B

1556 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

AMadeMan wrote:
could it be possible to recreate the bones in .4ds or use a substitute? How are the bones lost in the first place?

No. Iím not quite sure where the problem is, since I discussed it with Harry a long time ago and the conversations are already scrapped, however: Though Iím not sure what happens when importing the .4ds file, the bones are definitely lost on export. That is either when exporting from Zmodeler or when using the 4ds export script for 3ds Max. Those are (for now) the only two ways of exporting .4ds and the "bug" is present in both of them. As far as substitutes are concerned, there arenít any. Either you have a skeleton or you donít. You can cut the character into individual submeshes and then it will work (that is you will be able to move), but then the individual pieces arenít joined - as I already mentioned earlier in the thread. You can see what I mean by downloading the sample character from the guy who came up with this. http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9415

Unrelated, for everyone: You can now download the trailer in glorious 1440p with added (approximately) 35mm film grain, not so glorious stereo sound (because I made a mistake early in the making) and fixed subtitles in order to watch it in high quality till the end of your days. https://mega.nz/#%2157QQzLyJ%21_dddwrGfZrBkqeIeqK-n018O7CKBkEIUW0HVdaRAhuw
AMadeMan

68 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

That's unfortunate. Well, hopefully one day there will be a way to improve the character models. Oh and I remember seeing the Claude model sometime ago, it looked pretty cool.
Duelist

128 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia Actually Really Remastered (By You, Not Yet) Reply with quote

It's not about bones but morphs. Fast 2 hours proof of concept: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127938#127938
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: