FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

4DS plugin for Noesis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Hi all.

I figured I'd like to share the plugin I wrote a couple years ago for importing .4ds models into Noesis.

Noesis is a tool for converting 3D models. You can get it here.

My plugin adds support for importing 4ds models into Noesis, which then can be used to conver them to other formats.

You can get my plugin here:
https://github.com/RoadTrain/noesis-plugins

Download mafia4ds.dll from plugins folder and place it into plugins folder of Noesis.

Currently this plugin can import all geometry with morphs and bones, but bones are lacking weight - I could not figure it out.

Moreover, it supports not only Mafia, but other games based on LS3D engine as well:
- Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven (PC, XBOX),
- Chameleon,
- Hidden & Dangerous 2,
- War of Wings.

It looks like this:
http://imgur.com/OiwjGeY

Special thanks to hdmaster for his 010 Editor templates, they helped a lot.
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Not working for me. I did it according to your instructions. Downloaded dll from plugins folder and placed it to the Noesis/plugins. It seems that Noesis can't load that dll file. Am I doing something wrong?
RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:
Not working for me. I did it according to your instructions. Downloaded dll from plugins folder and placed it to the Noesis/plugins. It seems that Noesis can't load that dll file. Am I doing something wrong?

In Noesis there should be Mafia/HD2/Chameleon 4DS (.4ds) option in format selection list (lower end of the main window).

If there is not such item, maybe you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redist package (google it).

I just checked on my win7x64, and it worked OK.
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

In Noesis there should be Mafia/HD2/Chameleon 4DS (.4ds) option in format selection list (lower end of the main window).

If there is not such item, maybe you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redist package (google it).

I just checked on my win7x64, and it worked OK.

I have all the MS Visual C++ packages installed. Did you tryed that on Windows 10?

RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:

I have all the MS Visual C++ packages installed. Did you tryed that on Windows 10?

I just installed Win10 on my virtual machine and checked. Indeed, the plugin was absent in the list until I installed MSVC++ redist package (X86), x64 didn't help.

The link to it can be found in Noesis' ReadMe.txt.

Can you try doing that?
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

I just installed Win10 on my virtual machine and checked. Indeed, the plugin was absent in the list until I installed MSVC++ redist package (X86), x64 didn't help.

The link to it can be found in Noesis' ReadMe.txt.

Can you try doing that?

I uninstall every MS Visual C++ Redist packages after version 2008 and installed back only 2010 x86 and x64 version. Still missing your plugin. It would really help me cause I tryed that on .3ds models. Noesis can open them quite fast. I assume that .4ds models doesnt need to be cracked to be opened.

Well It seems that Windows 7 is still ahead concerning applications like this.
RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:

I uninstall every MS Visual C++ Redist packages after version 2008 and installed back only 2010 x86 and x64 version. Still missing your plugin. It would really help me cause I tryed that on .3ds models. Noesis can open them quite fast. I assume that .4ds models doesnt need to be cracked to be opened.

I used Dependency Walker on mafia4ds.dll, and the only important dependency is mscvr100.dll - MSVC++ 2010 Runtime.

Also a bunch of api-ms-win-*.dll libraries - bu they should not be a problem.

Can you try finding mscvr100.dll and placing it to Noesis folder (or plugins) to see if it helps?

Another idea would be to rebuild the plugin in VS2012, but it will take time - I need to install it first.
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

I used Dependency Walker on mafia4ds.dll, and the only important dependency is mscvr100.dll - MSVC++ 2010 Runtime.

Also a bunch of api-ms-win-*.dll libraries - bu they should not be a problem.

Can you try finding mscvr100.dll and placing it to Noesis folder (or plugins) to see if it helps?

Another idea would be to rebuild the plugin in VS2012, but it will take time - I need to install it first.

I tried, still can't see that plugin. I also checked SysWoW64 and System32. That .dll file is there.
RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:

I tried, still can't see that plugin. I also checked SysWoW64 and System32. That .dll file is there.

I've just pushed a new version of the dll built using VS2012 to the repository. Please try that.
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

I've just pushed a new version of the dll built using VS2012 to the repository. Please try that.

Still nothing. It would be good if somebody here with Windows 10 try that so we can find out if the problem is in my machine or in the plugin itself.
RoadTrain

15 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

Revan31 wrote:
RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

Still nothing. It would be good if somebody here with Windows 10 try that so we can find out if the problem is in my machine or in the plugin itself.

First of all - the plugin is located correctly?

Is MSVC++ 2012 Redist installed?

Then, there's an option Tools->Reload plugins. Try that please.

I wrote to the author of Noesis, maybe he has ideas how to debug the issue (other than you debugging it). Sad

Maybe it's the antivirus that prevents it from loading?
Revan31

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 4DS plugin for Noesis Reply with quote

RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:
RoadTrain wrote:
Revan31 wrote:

First of all - the plugin is located correctly?

Is MSVC++ 2012 Redist installed?

Then, there's an option Tools->Reload plugins. Try that please.

I wrote to the author of Noesis, maybe he has ideas how to debug the issue (other than you debugging it). Sad

Maybe it's the antivirus that prevents it from loading?

Plugin is placed correctly. I also tried Reload plugins couple of times.

I have stock Antivirus from Microsoft.

Great, maybe he can find something...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: