FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

First person view on foot possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255734 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

I know this subject had been started a few times in the past, though I can't find any of it back, perhaps it was on the old MS.

I'm curious to know if it would be possible by a press of a button to switch from 3rd person to first person while on foot? I know Mafia supports some sort of first person view when the player enters a tram or metro, or when standing with their back against a wall causing the camera to move in.

Since people have managed to integrate a whole multiplayer in the game, I was wondering if it is possible to program a feature like that?

The reason I'm asking is because of the Titanic mod, in which there are a lot of cramped up and tiny areas in which 3rd person can be pretty disorientating. It would be great to allow the player to switch to first person whenever they want to.

www.Robville.net
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

I remember trying first person out, I still had the crosshair and I don't even think I could see the weapon Tommy was holding, I can't remember how I did it, or if I just tried someone else's mod but I found this page:

http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=124601

Hope this helps somewhat Smile

RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

Funnily enough, I am going to be starting a new project soon that I wish to incorporate first person into.

I'll give a go and let you know how I get on, if I can get it to work well, I will show you how Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
Cukier

16520 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

Well FPS mode can be obtained in 3 ways.

1. Make a script to stick camera to Tommy.neck frame and move it little bit up. Optional scale Tommy.neck to 0 (to remove head)
2. Using program called Cheat Engine. Add pointer byte 63788C + 24 + 5C (Mafia 1.2) then try to increase value for different cameras (there is few FPS cameras)
3. Another way is adding address float 6BDB10 then set value to 0.25 and freeze it. This way forcing camera to be like "close to wall". It move inside tommys head and make whole model invisible.
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

And with that it could be integrated to an .ASI module where it can be made to detect for any keypresses, say V or C for camera, then run the above mentioned memory hacking routine.

Unfortunately, my C++/ASM skills aren't that up to snuff, but since .ASIs do allow for a modular way to alter gameplay without modifying the EXE I think that would work best for your needs.
ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:

And with that it could be integrated to an .ASI module where it can be made to detect for any keypresses, say V or C for camera, then run the above mentioned memory hacking routine.

Actually I could also add a command for that to MSE I guess. This way the camera type could be controlled from MafiaScript.
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:

Actually I could also add a command for that to MSE I guess. This way the camera type could be controlled from MafiaScript.

Problem is you have to account for every single mission/level if done through MafiaScript.
ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

huckleberrypie wrote:

Problem is you have to account for every single mission/level if done through MafiaScript.

Yeah, but it would allow to change the camera type programmatically so you could automatically switch to first-person view for narrow areas for example. Thinking
ASM.

235 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: First person view on foot possible? Reply with quote

A quick update:

I've added a command (namely mse_setcameratype) to MSE which allows to set the camera type (using Cukier's 2nd technique; thanks Cukier Smile ). Here's a small example script showing the command in action. The script allows to switch between the first-person camera and the regular camera via the primary and secondary speedlimiter keys.
Code:

dim_act 1
dim_flt 1
dim_frm 1

mse_debug_text "camera.sc started."

getactiveplayer 0
getactorframe 0, 0

label check_key
commandblock 1

ctrl_read 0, SPEEDLIMIT1
if flt[0] = 1, set_fps_camera, -1

ctrl_read 0, SPEEDLIMIT
if flt[0] = 1, set_nrm_camera, -1

commandblock 0
goto check_key

label set_fps_camera
commandblock 0
mse_setcameratype 3
frm_seton 0, 0
goto check_key

label set_nrm_camera
commandblock 0
mse_setcameratype 1
frm_seton 0, 1
goto check_key
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: