FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PtyIersworId

107 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:38 am    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Reposting this here at the request of agens over at forums.playground.ru.

One of our boys over there has made an incredible breakthrough in Mafia 2 modding. One that has taken us five-and-a-half years to finally get to! With the help of oleg writing the zmodeler 3 plug-ins, and yusik, who wrote many mod programs for Mafia 2, he has just created the first working prototype of a new car model in Mafia 2. For those who are interested, I will be putting the links to the actual forum post and YouTube video here for all to see.

Video of working prototype: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrTgqtiPpqA

This is a tremendous success for both the Mafia community and the modding community of Mafia II as a whole. Taking something new and putting it in the game, something that many thought impossible to do because of the way the game is written, has just been proven to be possible. I hope you all are as excited as I am right now, as this was a huge victory for all of those involved.

Here, you can read up on all the updates, notes, and posts made on the playground.ru forums, from the beginning of the project, all the way to the first working prototype:
http://forums.playground.ru/mafia_2/tech/mafia_2_import_export_filter_in_zmodeler_3_1_1-878023/

Congratulations to oleg, yusik, and agens for a job well done! Thank you for all your hard work and your contributions to the Mafia Modding Community! Thumbs up (left)
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Ho Lee Fuk. No way. Shocked
That's amazing news! Those Russians... Applause

I never thought I would ever see a custom 3D model inside Mafia 2. Let alone a working car that's customizable as well.
I hope the process of implementation ain't too complex and that the custom editors are written in English, because usually Russian programmers stick to their native language.
Nonetheless, a great achievement it is indeed. Thanks for posting it and congratulations indeed to the modders responsible for this. Salute

I believe the developers of M3 said they used an edited version of the same engine that M2 uses. So let's hope their framework hasn't changed too much, allowing us to mod that game as well when it comes out.

www.Robville.net
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Sonova... Shocked

You know, I can't recall when was the last time I sat so mesmerized looking at the screen with my jaw literally dropped. Cause this just happened a few seconds ago.

I used to wonder how cool it would be to see a fan made car in this game, but all I could do was try and forget this dream. But can you believe it, these guys actually made it come true!

This extraordinary news got me really really excited!

Hats off to those guys and best of luck! Salute
Rockeroller

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Nice. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance. Thanks to Huck for telling me about it.
Kaminsky

158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCNLfl_uszM

Guys ... you just wrote history in M2 modding .. congratulations ! Thumbs up (left) Applause Applause
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:16 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Ah fantastic to see a more decent 3D model to showcase this new feat properly. Very happy

www.Robville.net

Last edited by Mr Robville on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrBeker12

570 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

awsome Very happy , that means that it could be possible to convert the mafia 1 cars into mafia 2 Shocked , and so we could create a new mafia 2 mod, awsome... Smile

Respect Salute
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Very nice, that Moskvich somehow seems so fitting into the atmosphere Laughing
Kaminsky

158 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68vIwYmtjig

Guys seriously ... if these guys keep up this work , they break the impossible ... (they did it btw few weeks ago ) but this ..... like U SEE ? there is a f..kin Dodge Challenger in Mafia 2 Applause Applause Applause Shocked
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Mother of all Dodges...

It's strange how little attention this news got. I mean they've actually done something so cool which has never been achieved before. What a time to be alive Laughing
PITEK

Site Staff
Site Staff

825 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

I didn't even expected that this could be possible in Mafia II modding, but it seems that the Russians modders could really do everything! Very happy
I had contacted the author of those models - agens, and after receiving a positive feedback from him, I had uploaded all cars that were already made. Morever, it is believed, that more is still to come! Wink
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

I knew it, I knew it! Very happy Very happy
Actually I was rather just hoping that it's possible.
AMadeMan

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Maybe this could one day lead to moddable cutscenes and custom missions, weapons, and environments.
T3mas1

189 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Another breaktrhough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVnVyxa5G_U

Seems now we can import new skins into the game!

And we should be getting more skin mods later. This is the first one.
AMadeMan

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Breakthrough In Mafia II Modding!! Reply with quote

Any news on possible most advanced custom models like buildings or animations? These new discoveries are amazing! It would be amazing if someone were to create a tool that would allow major mods from Mafia 1 to be ported to Mafia 2 which be improved.

I'm picturing a Real Car Facing mod for Mafia 2 right now... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: