FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

MafiaCon v1.2 Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:

EDIT: I turned up the UAC control to the recommended
and of course when starting MafiaCon was asked if I
wanted to let the process make changes - but when
the game was in session and I pressed the key for the
console; no alert came up.

Actually I don't see why UAC should chime in when launching MafiaCon. The launcher does not contain a manifest telling Windows to do so and the filename (MafiaCon.exe) should not trigger the setup/installer filename heuristic either. Thinking

Anyway, sent you a PM.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:
Muggy wrote:

EDIT: I turned up the UAC control to the recommended
and of course when starting MafiaCon was asked if I
wanted to let the process make changes - but when
the game was in session and I pressed the key for the
console; no alert came up.

Actually I don't see why UAC should chime in when launching MafiaCon. The launcher does not contain a manifest telling Windows to do so and the filename (MafiaCon.exe) should not trigger the setup/installer filename heuristic either. Thinking

Anyway, sent you a PM.

Even I was surprised but yeah when I had left UAC as was
starting MafiaCon.exe brought up the UAC pop-up with the dimmed
desktop - but having administrator rights I pulled down the level
to don't ask.

Anyway 's all good — thanks Smile

Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276214 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

Impossible Oh my dayz

Windows 10 is really bugging me Evil

I run the compatibility troubleshooter
for MafiaCon and set it for Windows XP
and SP 3 test it and it runs... choose
save these settings and Windows also
fixes the incompatibility - Game runs
and everything works.

Then I exit and come back to play
via MafiaCon even running as
Administrator and then THIS happens
Unable to create device.

Oops!

ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:

I run the compatibility troubleshooter
for MafiaCon and set it for Windows XP
and SP 3 test it and it runs... choose
save these settings and Windows also
fixes the incompatibility - Game runs
and everything works.

Actually compatibility mode should not be necessary for running the MafiaCon launcher.

Muggy wrote:

Then I exit and come back to play
via MafiaCon even running as
Administrator and then THIS happens
Unable to create device.

Oops!

Is that the full message you're getting? If so, you're probably running an old version of MafiaCon. Try the version I PMed you some weeks ago.
Viarus

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

Well if there is a thread about this powerful tool, then I won't start a new one but I have a quesiton.

In the mission Omerta if you somehow manage to get in to car in which Frank is transported to the airport, you would notice two things:

First, that that when the next sections begins, at the airport, this police car is somehow cloned what makes look like that you have used this car to chase Frank.

And the second, and the key of my question is properties of that car. You might notice that this car has much better properties than regular police Lassiter which you can encounter during police chase, on the roadblocks or simply getting one in freeride.
This car has better accelerations, better turns and has better handlig. Therefore is it possible to modify cars towards that direction using MafiaCon?

And apart from my question - what else I can do using this great tool? I noticed that there are normal commands and something which is called by creator a "cvar". What are the cvars and what can I use them for? I see that I can for example execute cvar
Code:
pl_speed 10

and my character is flying 10 times faster than regular.

But how else can I make gameplay more spice?

My best regards
ASM.

263 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: MafiaCon v1.2 Help Reply with quote

Viarus wrote:

And the second, and the key of my question is properties of that car. You might notice that this car has much better properties than regular police Lassiter which you can encounter during police chase, on the roadblocks or simply getting one in freeride.
This car has better accelerations, better turns and has better handlig. Therefore is it possible to modify cars towards that direction using MafiaCon?

Mafia supports multiple handling presets per car. Most cars only have a single preset but some (like the Police Schuberts/Lassiter, Falconer Gangster, Wright Coupé Gangster and Silver Fletcher) have a second preset that's typically only used for the AI. These 'AI' presets provide highly unrealistic handling and are probably designed to make car chases more challenging (ever wondered why a Schubert Six Police can compete with a sports car in a police chase in the vanilla game?).

MafiaCon does not provide any means to change the active handling preset of a car but you can manipulate it using the car_setactlevel MafiaScript command. The currently active handling preset for a car can theoretically be queried using the car_getactlevel command but it doesn't work without a patch because it does an incorrect type check on the passed entity. The total number of handling presets available can be queried using car_getmaxlevels.

Viarus wrote:

And apart from my question - what else I can do using this great tool? I noticed that there are normal commands and something which is called by creator a "cvar". What are the cvars and what can I use them for? I see that I can for example execute cvar
Code:
pl_speed 10

and my character is flying 10 times faster than regular.

But how else can I make gameplay more spice?

cvar is an abbreviation for console variable. It's a concept I borrowed from the Quake engine (and its derivates). Console variables are accessible from the console (duh) and from code and are pretty handy for exposing configuration options (like fly speed). If I remember correctly, the only Mafia specific cvar is pl_speed. The rest of the cvars just let you configure the look and feel of the console itself or simply provide version information.

You can use cmdlist and cvarlist to get a list of all available commands and cvars along with a short description. If you have questions about a specific command, just post them here. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: