FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

bootlegger mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voiddamn

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: bootlegger mod Reply with quote

can somebody please explain here how to install that mod properly?

I have installed it, but i'm having a problem with it: during the first mission when you return from countryside with the booze, it asks you to deliver it to some location in little italy, but you have to be careful not to destroy the booze. My problem is the damage bar for the booze, it gets full and instantly telling me i failed just from going on the sidewalk. And here's the fun part: the location in little italy is on the side of the road and i have to climb the sidewalk with my car to get there. It's impossible to finish this mission. Any ideas are welcome.

the creator of the mod is bad at speaking english and his instructions are unclear, i've copied below his instructions from the notepad he provided:

Installation:
Importantly! Mod should be installed on a clean game - in the game
folder should be in only the files and archives (should not subfolders).
First, make a backup of the original (if still remaining) file game
rw_data.dll. If you want to save the game, making backup savegame
folder and remove it from the game directory. Do not unpack .dta
archives!
Installation the standard - unpack the archive Bootlegger_Mod_v1.0.rar,
any convenient manner, in the game folder. For proper operation of
mod in the directory of the game should be in the following files and
folders:
Bootlegger.exe
LS3D0.dll
rw_data.dll
MAPS
MISSIONS
models
sounds
tables
tables_en

Modification created in two language versions. By default, the mod will
work with the Ukrainian interface language and subtitles. If you until
now do not know the Ukrainian language, provided English version. To
change to English, you should rename the folder tables (such tables_ua),
and folder tables_en rename tables. Installation is complete, no longer
make any unnecessary movements.

It's all fine until i get to the language changing part, i just can't figure out what he's trying to say.

Thank you.
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: bootlegger mod Reply with quote

Never played it so I can't speak to whether it's working as intended, but you need to rename tables to anything (or just delete the damn thing) and rename the "tables_en" folder to "tables."

Tables is just text strings; it won't change how the mod works. But maybe you'll know what the hell is going on now Sticking out tongue
voiddamn

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: bootlegger mod Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
you need to rename tables to anything (or just delete the damn thing) and rename the "tables_en" folder to "tables."

i deleted the folder tables the first time i tried this mod and it was the same as i described above, but keeping both folders and renaming them like you suggested worked.

Hunter wrote:
Tables is just text strings; it won't change how the mod works. But maybe you'll know what the hell is going on now Sticking out tongue

believe it or not, renaming the "tables" like you said actually DID change the way the mod works. I don't have that damage bar problem anymore, and i finished the mission very easily.

1 problem still remains with this mod: how the hell can you save your progress? after a mission i get the message "the game was saved" in the lower corner and the savegame file is present in the "load game" list, but if i select it, it just starts the mod from the very beginning.

Edit: the savegame problem is solved. You just have to save your game at the house (marked on the map as home) and everything is fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: