FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Titanic easter egg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMadeMan

109 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Titanic easter egg Reply with quote

I wonder why the devs decided to put this in Mafia 2, since there was only one 4 funneled steam ship (Aquitania) around during its time period which doesn't really look like the ship you see ingame. It would at least fit in Mafia 1 if they had the RMS Olympic.

Last edited by AMadeMan on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
PtyIersworId

105 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Titanic easter egg Reply with quote

I always thought it could be because they wanted a huge passenger ship to appear in the harbor in the game (seeing as it is supposed to be New York-like), and they went with one of the most obvious recognizable forms of passenger ships? I mean it IS nice to see the Titanic in another game and all, but this IS 39 years after the sinking of the Titanic, or if we assume it's the Aquitania, 1 year after that ship is scrapped. A more modern passenger ship like the Queen Mary or another large modern ship would've been a better choice, so why they chose something much older is beyond me, unless they were trying to pay homage to something, *cough* Titanic mod*cough*. Quiet Or, maybe they did it because more people would recognize it and point out "oh look, the Titanic, cool." We can sit and speculate all day, but there's no real way of knowing without an actual team member telling you (good luck with that btw).

While I'm on topic, I might as well also point out that I made a video about 2.5 years ago, where I went really up close to the ship and took video of it. You can clearly see it's not distinctly one ship or the other, but rather a new design that takes some traits from different ships of that same era, and takes them in a fresh new direction. You can find the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fzYYv0G_tA

I am merely tagging this video just to help the discussion. I really could care less if anyone watches my videos anymore or not, seeing as how lazy I am at actually directing a YouTube channel. I don't think so!
AMadeMan

109 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Titanic easter egg Reply with quote

It probably would've made better sense if it were the Queen Mary. But I'm just gonna assume its the Aquitania for historical purposes lol. I really like how when the time goes to night, the ship lights up, so it seems out of all the ships that appear in the background, this Titanic like ship has the most detail despite its model is low-poly. I noticed from your video that the bow of the ship resembles the Queen Mary's bow so it does take some parts from different White Star Line and Cunard ships.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: