FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

How to make door open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SooperK

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

How do I make a door open? When I go into bscript view and insert using "Door", and plug in the model and then go into the editor and place it, the door always remains locked and will not open.
RubyDragon949

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

Hi there.

I always found the best way to create doors was to use the DC/ED modding tool. Should you require a tutorial, you need only ask Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
SooperK

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the reply! I've used some of your scripts from your website before and they work great! I will try out the DC/ED and see if I can get it figured out, if not, i'll definitely ask for some help! Shocked
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

Be careful, some doors should not be opened Wink

and some pivot in the middle for some reason
Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

If your door is rotating like a secret bookcase, then you need to offset the model from the object center like this animation demonstrates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-foT_4JiX3o

www.Robville.net
SooperK

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: How to make door open Reply with quote

In DC/ED, I am looking at the door I inserted via bscript view and under the attributes it lists the door how I want it, but it also says that if you want the player to interact and use the door in-game, you must add script. How do I do this? In bscript view (and under insert door) it will not let me add any script as the door is listed under "things" and not "scripts". I'm still fairly new to the modding world, so I'm sorry if these are newbie-type questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Tools All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: