FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Real Car Facing MOD v1.6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How it will be better the new version ?
Only the original Mafia types of cars and other vehicles should not be included in (eg. Buses, commercial vehicles). In order to remaining the walkthrough of the original game.
43%
 43%  [28]
There may be other vehicles, but do not interfere with the walkthrough, so instead of just nicer truck to be used, for example. Buses are not for example.
16%
 16%  [11]
Rather, the original '30-'40 street view let there be most importance. In the freeride mode in the authentic atmosphere and buses, lorries nicer, newer cars, typical of the era. No matter Walkthrough, play more freeride mode.
40%
 40%  [26]
Total Votes : 65

Abradox

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

There is no difference.
But these exhaust looks wrong

1) just make it 100% chromed surface (like on hotrods in Mafia)
2) replace your exhaust texture to fake reflection texture like here. You can refine upon it (add burns)

http://images.vfl.ru/ii/1494428327/38b43037/17173759.bmp

or give me your exhaust texture, and i'll try to improve it
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Dear Abradox!
I saw in the Russian forum that you are working on a big project ("sborka mod", ie the complete renovation and upgrading of the game)
you deserve respect and wish you good luck. Smile

I also see you trust that maybe these cars will be used for this modernization, but unfortunately they are not.

After the Ikarus Mod procedure (all models and textures had to be repaired for a quarter to work with the old LS3D engine) so I decided to make the smallest possible dimensions right now, because now i have to make 76 cars so that even by
plus mods have by user ( high resolution textures, scripts, own paths, etc.) and do not causes the old game is over.
Well, I do not draw textures, but I spill color simply, except for the gauges, subtitles, race numbers, and so on. Those cars use each others texture, so this exhaust does not even have its own texture but use an already done texture.
To get illusion is enough good and not need continuously to drawing.
The point is that the maps directory will be very small as far as you can and the models will be approx. 2 MB are kept Maximum mandatory.
Now the biggest version of the Alfa Romeo 8C street has so far been 1.98 MB for the 4ds file size. Of course there are a lot of models here smaller, even Pierce Arrow, which is composed of quite a few parts. No accident, there is no engine room, pedals, etc. but have vintage looking body because its look is the main thing, so do not compare with the Russian professional car models.
Those models in which the last small part is 3d and actually stands at the GTA5 level.

So e.g. unfortunately there are no possibility to draw subtitles on side of my models because it takes a paint from a 32 * 32 bmp image, which is why it is not possible for SilverFletcher colleague to find dirt on my car. Like i told already my cars are true lowpoly models, so not permitted to create all detail because it would require drawing here. My goal is for those who takes out the old game from the shelf and Blowing the dust out of it because want to play again.
So with RCF mod the great game is played with the original cars through this super story and if they are skilled then use by other mod even the buildings, trees and what can be found on net.

But it has become to clear early in the mod process that it will not be easy because the nvidia card is just about to throw away the game, whatever I'm down. I am confident that the AMD card will run smoothly. Sorry for my very long explication.
Abradox

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Thank you.
Now I understand the conception of Real Car Facing 1.6

SilverFlatcher said you can use a "4ds Distance Fix" tool, to fix LOD-problems of your models.
Probably it increase the load on LS3D engine, maybe even crash it, may be not, who knows.
Try it. I hope you can solve a problem.

Also we are thinking about new car shadows for original models. Vanilla shadows are very bad quality.
RCF 1.6 deserve new shadows too!

We are waiting for release RCF 1.6! Good luck!

p.s. how about this colors for your taxi? Wink
Neutral

286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Now i had a little time to thinking about our problems here. Thinking
Unfortunately, the LOD problem can not be solved easily, I think. I have tried everything and did not show long distance models and I have an idea why. The secret is because of the low usable part of the memory, because the game loads dta files for each run every time you load (all existing textures 24 and 8 bits, models that can only be in the game, etc.) and our mod stuff only To allow only the remaining memory to be recharged by us. So we're in a difficult situation. In addition to the nice old working memory upgrade (which you do not see it removed immediately) under XP, it's limited under win7 because of the privilege levels. Plus this also comes with the fact that the old directx is not supported by the nvidia driver. Impossible
So, in principle, it's a simple solution to use the big mods, you should be able to write to the dta files so that they are loaded into the memory as a game original and then it would be normal. I have seen over the years that the LS3D calculates all the traffic on the city plan and as a defense if you run on a weak PC or set lower the traffic size in the game settings, just skip a few of them and if that is too few for security reasons LOD models are also turned off. Well, that's my suspicion now, so I'm sorry to experiment with anything, the maps and models too much for the LS3D memory.
Because you have professional scripters like Golod (perhaps the best scripter in the world), you might want to rewrite these dta files or even create a new dll for the game.exe and change the original dts-s in memory with our new ones. Think about it feasible or not. Unfortunately I do not understand the scripts at all. Embarassed
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

That's why we had Pinkshit, right?
Neutral

286 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

The day finally came when the mod is ready. Very happy
The work lasted for two years, but I'm sure it was worth it.
I really can not scripting, so I worked together with scripters in Ikarus mod. Embarassed
That was why it was simple for me now because I did not have to wait for anyone, but I was able to go by myself.
I hope you can run it smoothly and moders can use all or just a few cars to their liking.
Yeah, now the actual RCF mod starts with buses, ice cream cars, and vintage vehicles in the game. This will be the last real RCF mod, the ultimate freeride release.
I uploaded the mod to download section but if not yet works then you can use my home site to download.

http:/www.realcarfacing.hu/download/RCF16replay.7z
AdilTL

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

This is awesome, Dude. Thank You! Congratulate)
spartaque12

8 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

amazing , i have no words 2 say how good they are , i love it , ty very much <3
AMadeMan

123 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Such an awesome and beautiful mod! This will go great with the Boz mod! With the 2 mixed together, Mafia would look completely remade.
Abradox

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Brilliant mod! Congratulations Applause

...but game crashes every few minutes, because i have nvidia graphic card Sad
AMadeMan

123 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Abradox wrote:
Brilliant mod! Congratulations Applause

...but game crashes every few minutes, because i have nvidia graphic card Sad

I also got an Nvidia graphics card, though the worst I'm suffering is poor framerate when a few cars spawn. I guess a patch is out of the question.

Last edited by AMadeMan on Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
PtyIersworId

107 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

I am very, very happy that you pulled through and finished this mod. It really means a lot, and I am thrilled to finally be able to play it, after waiting so long! Very happy

Does anybody know how you can use this alongside the Water Shaders mod? Apparently, both the RCF mod and the Water Shaders mod have their own scene2.bin. I haven't bothered opening up those files in so long, I am very afraid to do so.
AMadeMan

123 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

PtyIersworId wrote:
I am very, very happy that you pulled through and finished this mod. It really means a lot, and I am thrilled to finally be able to play it, after waiting so long! Very happy

Does anybody know how you can use this alongside the Water Shaders mod? Apparently, both the RCF mod and the Water Shaders mod have their own scene2.bin. I haven't bothered opening up those files in so long, I am very afraid to do so.

I think you just have to copy the water shader content folders into Mafia's base folder since those files shouldn't conflict with each other unless if the Water shader mod was installed last according to Neutral in the "read me". I don't know which files go though other than the main content folders.
Abradox

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

Need a little fix Smile

Сompressed textures without trucolor

non-compressed textures with trucolor
silent_gxg

37 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Real Car Facing MOD v1.6 Reply with quote

This is by far the best Mafia mod ever.

Neutral, you made a super job with this mod.

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16

Jump to: