FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

M Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrumpolcPetr

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Hello.
M Editor is a new tool for modders. I am going to use it as my graduation project on high school where I am studying nowadays.
So the editor will be available as soon as possible after my graduation... if I will be successful.

Thanks to Mafia game I had the opportunity to create interesting stuff.
Mostly unfinished except to this. A couple years ago I have learnt a lot of things, 2D/3D graphics, scripting and of cource programming.
So I decided to make editor which summarize my knowledge accross the game and programming.

The goal was to develop a tool with a userfriendly UI and extend possibilities of existing tools.
With the editor you will be able to edit:

• game GUI (only game version 1.1 or higher)
  • vehicles (specifications, tires ...)
  • racing
  • inventory, list of AI drivers and catchphrases
  • collision materials
  • loading screens
  • sound database
  • credits

I was intentionally focused on the game features which do not need 3D rendering because I have not any experience with a drawing via DirectX or OpenGL yet.
Also I am not sure with supporting M Editor or adding a new stuff in the future.

There are some figures below from the editor.
Main screen

GUI Editor

Credits

Vehicles
flovivi

557 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

amazing! glad to know that there are still so many people out there making great tools for this game!

addx_2015

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

can't wait ... Applause
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255709 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

this looks really cool and well made. I love the interface. Very happy
Really awesome that you are working on a tool like this. While our world editors have become more refined over the years, we were still lacking any proper user friendly tools to edit the game's content variables. Let alone have one suite that covers it all. Damn fantastic! Applause

Oh, and welcome to Mafiascene! Wink

www.Robville.net
KrumpolcPetr

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Thank you for your affirmative replies. Wink
Sometimes it was a hard work but I think it was worth it.
Mr Robville wrote:

this looks really cool and well made. I love the interface.
Really awesome that you are working on a tool like this. While our world editors have become more refined over the years, we were still lacking any proper user friendly tools to edit the game's content variables. Let alone have one suite that covers it all. Damn fantastic!

Oh, and welcome to Mafiascene!

Thank you. Good UI was one of my goals. Smile
I think that have one tool that covers it all would be fantastic but maybe unreal. It is not a trivial task to make it good. Another thing is that if you have a knowledge, why would you create mods or tools for a modders? You can do your own game... Mafia has a lot of restriction caused by design(from programmer view). There were a couple things that I would made a differently... but also from the other side I learnt a lots of things.
MrSpudnik

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

If i understand correctly this editor files located in the folder Tables (credits.def, carindex.def, carcyclopedia.def, etc). It is a pity that game version 1.0 does not work, because i do modding for this version (i think this version is more versatile for modifications). Yet i can tell that files such as carindex.def different in game versions. Even higher than 1.0 is different. This is the great and difficult job, i wish you to be successful in this!
KrumpolcPetr

9 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: M Editor Reply with quote

MrSpudnik wrote:
If i understand correctly this editor files located in the folder Tables (credits.def, carindex.def, carcyclopedia.def, etc). It is a pity that game version 1.0 does not work, because i do modding for this version (i think this version is more versatile for modifications). Yet i can tell that files such as carindex.def different in game versions. Even higher than 1.0 is different. This is the great and difficult job, i wish you to be successful in this!

Well the restriction for the game version is mainly for the game GUI but actually I have to say that I didn't test the functionality on a different versions. Bad thing is that a lots of game files doesn't contain a header with the file version... so this will be kind of tricky to do that... Probably I will have to add some wizard to release supported files for the specifics game version. Because now the game folder is a working space for the editor (it's something like a project folder). In the user setting is specified the exact game location. It is comfortable 'cause you don't need to everytime search the right file.

Sorry but I don't have a plan to support the game GUI for 1.0. It's kind of different to version 1.1 or higher. Probably is not impossible but it is not a priority. We already have a GUI editor for the 1.0 files.
djbozkosz

1861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: M Editor Reply with quote

Nice work

Web | Youtube | Developer at
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: