FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Bootlegger Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSpudnik

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Bootlegger Mod Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:
Any updated on this mod? Any news or new features? That would be interesting, as it is (at least!) the first mod that makes the countryside farm available in: 1) a daytime; 2) a freeride (almost).

Yes, i did something first. I this is not boasted, but now have the opportunity Wink . For example adds new car without replacing the original or new lightsectors in town...
Updates will be, even now i sometimes working on it. I work myself, and i have this not much time, so do not expect quick action.
Until i made a small update to make a from city and get into racing track and few more details. I will try to present several screenshots in the near future.

CurtisTea wrote:
By the way, Mr. Orloff's revenge was merciless back then: he banned me at his forum (a WebGamer clone) and I am all tears now Laughing Though there were several people there that are really great at Mafia modding.

You got what you deserved (of course this is a joke Laughing ). I do not communicate and do not support the vatnik's forums No no no...don't do that!, not see any reason to do so.
CurtisTea

16 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bootlegger Mod Reply with quote

MrSpudnik wrote:
I do not communicate and do not support the vatnik's forums, not see any reason to do so.

It makes some sense, yes. But on the other hand, there are were some other modders there, who were actual grown-ups (not just sick chauvinistic kids) and they don't want to be involved in such kind of discussions and I was never offended in any way.
Mr. Orloff's problem is his excessive pride of his Alive Bars, though the only thing that such mods with tons of surrealistic features do is just ruin the original atmosphere imho.

Anyway, I really like the idea of bootlegging in Mafia. I went even a bit further with my personal mod: I made EVERY car (that is suitable for placing crates) to be able to carry those crates. Even if you have just stolen a Ford T pickup from the traffic you could use it ACTUALLY as a pickup. And you could have an endless number of pickups and trucks that could carry and endless number of crates. Even more: I put some special pickups in traffic that carry the crates already and made them be driven by gangsters. And since the traffic is run by .exe the number of those cars is endless too. So now you have a whole game mechanics actually: stalk the gangsters, kill them, steal their crates (put them into your bigger truck) or just steal their car and sell their crates to the bars. And again, and again and again. It might be the best addition to a usual freeride that I've ever made!...

...BUT I will never be released. I works perfect (I tested it in and out!) untill it comes to saving/loading/death/changing the mission. Mafia is a mission by mission game, but not a free-play game, and it gives me hell to make things work in an actual free play mode.
Though I made lots of other additions that require very strict save/load/mission change control that work perfectly, now I officially give up on that crates idea
Sad

Here's one of those things that I made a bit earlier. It is totally synchronized with mission change/load/save etc. A clothes shop where you can buy a hat, a jacket and a pair of pants separately from each other, so there's more than 80 possible skin variations. Buying an item in the store puts it to your home wardrobe automatically. The video shows an early version of it, now it works a bit more smooth and looks a bit more fancy:

https://youtu.be/01s-pgwkPzU
https://youtu.be/-taqWQBhmOI
MrSpudnik

51 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Bootlegger Mod Reply with quote

CurtisTea wrote:
It makes some sense, yes. But on the other hand, there are were some other modders there, who were actual grown-ups (not just sick chauvinistic kids) and they don't want to be involved in such kind of discussions and I was never offended in any way.
Mr. Orloff's problem is his excessive pride of his Alive Bars, though the only thing that such mods with tons of surrealistic features do is just ruin the original atmosphere imho.

I communicate with several those talking about, i so good to know who's who! I think too much attention is given to this subjects, they do not deserve. More about this will not write, it off topic.

CurtisTea wrote:
Anyway, I really like the idea of bootlegging in Mafia. I went even a bit further with my personal mod: I made EVERY car (that is suitable for placing crates) to be able to carry those crates. Even if you have just stolen a Ford T pickup from the traffic you could use it ACTUALLY as a pickup. And you could have an endless number of pickups and trucks that could carry and endless number of crates. Even more: I put some special pickups in traffic that carry the crates already and made them be driven by gangsters. And since the traffic is run by .exe the number of those cars is endless too. So now you have a whole game mechanics actually: stalk the gangsters, kill them, steal their crates (put them into your bigger truck) or just steal their car and sell their crates to the bars. And again, and again and again. It might be the best addition to a usual freeride that I've ever made!...

In the game it is very difficult to create a free mode about which you wrote, because the game was designed for mission way of play. For example save the game with the boxes in car impossible, they always disappear. I tried different ways to make transport crates and came to the result that i got in my mod. The idea of a clothing store feasible, unless you consider the numbers are large Thomas models. This works very well on the video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: