FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Is it any good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dada222

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Is it any good? Reply with quote

Hey guys, don't know if anyone remembers me (I certainly recognise some old usernames here), I was actually a member like 10 years ago but I guess my account was deleted (I even have a mod uploaded in the downloads section)
anyway I suppose the question is, is the game any good? It seems the concensus is "no" but I just wanted to make sure. I don't generally play PC games anymore but if the game was any good I guess I could make an exception.

I loved Mafia. It was my favourite game until GTA IV and GTA V. but it will always have a special place in my heart!
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Is it any good? Reply with quote

Hey, welcome back to MS! Yeah, we lost the entire forum database so all accounts and forum topics got deleted. @_@

I'm having a go at it right now. Mafia 3 isn't necessarily a bad game. It's just extremely disappointing regarding a lot of the design choices and rushed delivery. The story so far in my opinion is damn fantastic and really convincing and even the gameplay itself wasn't as horrific as I expected it to be. That said, it's littered with bugs. I don't think I've ever seen so many in one game. Most notably, all clouds move at speeds of 1000MPH as if Lincoln is on acid, and all cars are dragracers. Plus it has been catered to the consoles like crazy causing the game to pretty much lose the whole vibe that the previous two Mafia games had.

If you are just in for the story, I'd say give it a go. Repetitive gameplay can be somewhat coped with by playing the game occasionally.
But whatever you do, don't pay full price. It's not worth it.

Also a top tip, avoid using X-ray vision and whistling out enemies like the plague. They ruin any challenge and immersion and the game is far more fun to play without them. Believe me.

www.Robville.net
Hunter

1515 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Is it any good? Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:

Also a top tip, avoid using X-ray vision.

OMG... I won't ask. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: