FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia III - Police

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekillergreece

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Mafia III - Police Reply with quote

Let's talk about the police in Mafia III.

My dear friends, let me introduce you myself. I am main editor of most Police pages in most wikias, including Mafia, Watch Dogs and so on. I gotta make a few notes between the Police in Mafia I, II and III.

In Mafia City of the Lost Heaven:
The police ignore completely other NPC's violations, even though a gangster shoots the police, the police will ignore him and will always and ONLY respond to the player's actions whether he is being attacked by the gangsters or not.

This can be changed by using MafiaCon cheats and after long tests and bugs, there is actually a good reason why the Police ignores other NPC. If the Police shoots and kills a gangster, the police will just stand idle and do nothing in the next process or gradually get in their cars and stay idle, doing completely nothing. It becomes all mess and stuff.

Now, in Mafia II, the Police A.I obviously has been improved and made more realistic. The police now respond to other NPC Violations, be it car crash, colliding with a patrol car, pulling out a gun, pulling a driver out of the car, shooting, etc. The police will respond to NPC just like what they do to the player:
Verbal warning, ticket, arrest, shoot to kill.

If a Mission Enemy or Gangster kills too many police officers, the police wanted system will actually be increased and patrol cars armed with Thompson officers will appear and so on. I also noticed that there can be 3-faction wards: Gangsters vs Mission Enemies vs Police and it makes huge mess but all smooth and no issues.

Generally, the police A.I follows a specific and improved pattern in Mafia II and the realism is noticed easily. A police officer may shoot in the air once if the player/NPC at level 2 wanted stars is fleeing with a vehicle and so on.

Now, let's move to Mafia III. Nothing has been shown, nothing talked about but so far we know is:

The police will shoot the vehicle's tires more often and will be racist to Lincoln, likely killing is more often than in Mafia II. A civilian can witness player doing crimes and call the police and the response will be depended on the area. If it is black neighboorhood, they may or may not respond. If they do, it will take minutes to respond. If it's white neighboorhood, they will definitely respond in few seconds I heard.

Nothing else is mentioned, the developer said if Lincoln fights them, he will most likely lose. No mention on tickets or arrests.

What do you think?
huckleberrypie

291 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Mafia III - Police Reply with quote

It's quite obviously a commentary on police brutality and racial profiling, even more so given the recent controversies and movements like Black Lives Matter and whatnot.
Feetlebaum

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Mafia III - Police Reply with quote

I think it would be contrary to history if a white police officer in a southern U.S. city during the 1960s went up to a black man and said, "Sir, you've broken the law. I'll have to fine you."

I don't mind if there are no tickets, and only arrest/shoot-to-kill.

I do mind if the police ignore traffic violations. Speeding and disobeying signals.

Having those traffic laws is something that sets Mafia apart from games like GTA. It makes the world more believable.
I read in an article that the police are going to be not as strict as in Mafia 2. If this means that I can run red lights and burn rubber, while police watch and do nothing, I'm going to be disappointed.

Why should Lincoln Clay change his behavior for certain things while the police are around (like murder) but not for other things (like speeding), when all other NPCs are driving as normal.
flovivi

260 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Mafia III - Police Reply with quote

The police in mafia 1 was great, I think. You forgot to mention that you will get a ticket if you ignore a red traffic light or when you are speeding. I rather found it very realistic. Especially after playing mafia, I never touched GTA3 anymore. Wink

Yet it is a pity that the police will only react to the players crimes.

But I thought you should want to add the things that are good as well Smile especially for a game of that time. Like if the police wants to give you a ticket, and you just ignore them, the status will be changed to wanted and they will try to arrest you.

These aren't very little features, yet they tribute a lot to a realistic atmosphere. Which so far I have not seen in any other game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: