FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia 1: Car replacing & putting cars on parkings and e

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosi4z_Zetec

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1: Car replacing & putting cars on parkings and e Reply with quote

Hello guys!

Let's put it like this. I take a car model that has various color variants that I can choose from to put in the game, let's say three. But I don't want just one... I want them all. And I wish to replace it with some car in the game that's available in three colors too. How should I do it using Car Changer? Or is there another way?

And my second Q is how to edit a mission script so I can add parked cars on parking lots, on the streets, in front of houses and etc. Is there a tool that can help it ?

Thanks you very much. Smile
flovivi

260 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Mafia 1: Car replacing & putting cars on parkings and e Reply with quote

to your second question:

download mafia world editor (available in this topic http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9343) and also DC-ED (available somewhere in the download section)

then you read the readme of mafia world editor and play around until you know its functions (which shouldnt be too hard) and then..

you create a new model (enter any name for it you like, for example car1, then enter the parent (should be "Primary sector" without ""), then enter the models name, for example "ForApic00.i3d" without the "". if you can not see your model, press ctrl+m to let the model appear right in front of you. then you can move it around. now you should have put a car to your map.

if you play the map, you can run through the car. so its not really defined as a car yet. to do this you must...

open DCED and then open the mission which has your new model. now create an object. like this: edit -> add object -> click object definition, then click at car, and (in case your models name is "car1") enter "car1". if you can't click at ok, it means the model with this name does not exist.

then you can use that car, shot it, and drive with it.

if you want to creat more, you must not use DCED again, but simply open mafia world editor and click at your car model, then press ctrl + c (to copy your model) and then click at insert, change name if it already exist, and then you have a second car, that you can place where you like it and you also can change the cars model. just play around with it and its gonna be fine. thats how i did.

you will find all the car models in the "models" folder of your mafia. like forxxxx, chema.... ford.... and some more. they usually end with a number like 01, 02. if you want to add them with the mafia world editor, you must add .i3d after the models name.

note: by copying the car mode, you also automaticall copy the car definition we made before in DCED. so you don't need to open the DCED and create the definiton again.

this only works when you installed mafiadataxtractor, which is available in the download section as well, and extract all the game files.

english is not my mother language but im trying my best, and i hope you could follow my instructions.

good luck and have fun!
Hunter

1551 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Mafia 1: Car replacing & putting cars on parkings and e Reply with quote

IIRC different colors have separate file versions, but the same file name, so you can only have one color of a car in a map unless you rename your model as a different car. ...unless you can tell the game to put new cars in the map.

So for instance, one silver Auburn is an Auburn. The red Auburn has a "Chrysler" model name but it is the Auburn model. You can also copy the Auburn parameters to that car using tools like MCVE. Not sure about sound. A third green Auburn is a third different car and so on.

Doesn't this sound like great fun?
Kosi4z_Zetec

13 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Mafia 1: Car replacing & putting cars on parkings and e Reply with quote

Thank you guys! Seems more complicated than I thought. But no surprise I only modded texture files and only played the mods.
Well, I am going to try to have that fun you were talking about.

Once again, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: