FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

When did you last play MAFIA 2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostinmafia_heavenMS

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

Since we have a similar topic in the M1 sub forum. I thought of asking the same question over here, so when was the last time you played M2, or are you playing it right now?

Any new found love for a 5 year old game? Smile
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

When I first played it back in 2010 it had such an impact on me I actually put M2 over M1 at that time. Great game in my opinion. Last time I played it in... 2014, I think Very happy
Osho

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

Replayed a couple of times during 2010 and never returned to the game because I feel it was an absolutely rubbish sequel to the original masterpiece. I know a lot of things were cut but I can only judge based on the final product.
A lot of the new players and casual crowd wholly unknown to the classic Mafia 1 call Mafia 2 a masterpiece or a great game, which is a sad thing to say and really hurts to see the first Mafia getting ignored at the same time.
I believe Mafia 2 has better graphics but otherwise its crap. The open world was just boring and some of the things experienced in Mafia 1 were missing from Mafia 2 for instance: the FR and FRE modes, just to name a few.
I absolutely hated the wanted system in Mafia 2 and dumb AI of the cops, consolized crappy shooting mechanics, and felt like I was playing some weird "Grand Theft Auto: Mafia" game.

Mafia walkthrough on YouTube
Hunter

1551 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I never played it. I was not pleased by several choices made in the development of the so called sequel. The setting concerns me, the driving model concerns me, and let's not talk about those miniature expansion packs.

That didn't stop me from playing that monochromatic oatmeal bowl of a game, The Godfather...The...Game, but of course it wasn't declaring itself to be successor to MAFIA. Was it fun? Sure. It just lacked a sort of artistic integrity and level of replayability. I am always amazed by how replayable such a linear, ridgid game as MAFIA is, because the storytelling and gameplay is still fantastic.

All right, mini review over...
haista__

20 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

At the end of 2015, I think.

I actually like Mafia 2 a lot, it's a great game, but simply not as great as the original.
priatnia2

39 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

It had bad assortment of 50s car models, very few older ones. The handling was updated but there wasn't where to use with all the things cut out from Mafia 1. Erased it from the drive and don't want it back. This game needs to be redone because it was a mistake, with an excuse from the studio.
elpadrino1935

-1 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:
When I first played it back in 2010 it had such an impact on me I actually put M2 over M1 at that time. Great game in my opinion. Last time I played it in... 2014, I think Very happy

Same Here Smile
LeroyPeterson

17 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:32 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

yep steam says last played 2010
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I actually still play it occasionally. Sticking out tongue
Because of the incredibly short loading times this game has, it's easy to boot it up and wreck some cars and pedestrians for a few minutes.

Last week I even spent a whole evening with a friend fooling around in that game. Plentiful moments when we were in tears of laughter.

www.Robville.net
lostinmafia_heavenMS

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

About to start this gem back up..

Vito is as much a character compared to Tommy, Tom was just meant to be this likeable guy in a bad situation, while Vito has more layers to him, all my opinion ofc.
AMadeMan

27 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I still occasionally play it though with a TON of mods. It really does hold up today.
flovivi

260 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I played it first in 2011, and still play it sometimes now..

How time has passed... can't believe this game came out so many years ago, let alone mafia 1...

Because of these games I start to like the 30' (music, cars, interior, architecture...)

Mafia 3 I haven't played and maybe never will. But who knows?..

Feetlebaum

29 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

Last month. I really dig the mod that allows a 1940s setting during the summer. I couldn't get it to work last time I tried, for some reason.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I'm sure I played it some time in 2016
just after Mafia 3 was released...
...was it better than Mafia CoLH
no ferking way... was it better than
Mafia 3 yes... nuff said me thinks

PtyIersworId

107 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: When did you last play MAFIA 2? Reply with quote

I still play Mafia 2 Multiplayer on a pretty regular basis, although I can't remember when the last time I played Singleplayer was. I think it was at least three years ago. I still think I may replay it one day just for the fun of it.
I still can't get over how Mafia 3 somehow didn't beat Mafia 2 when it comes to which is the better game. Mafia 2 was already setting the bar pretty low. Don't get me wrong, I love Mafia 2, a lot, I love the setting, the story, the cars, clothing, music and style that particular game had. It's just that a lot of the game was cut before release, and we were basically given an incomplete skeleton of a game with a lot of stuff missing that would've made an otherwise bargain-bin tier game an actual game of the year contender.
Even Mafia 2, as incomplete as it was, was still better quality than Mafia 3. That is just sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 2 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: