FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Can't install the game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valodas

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Can't install the game Reply with quote

Hey everyone, glad to join the community of gangsters. So I want to install the game however when window pops up and i press install button nothing happens, I was wondering maybe windows 10 has something to do with that? Anyways thanks in advance.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Can't install the game Reply with quote

Hey and welcome to Mafiascene!

Could be that Windows' 10 framework isn't compatible with Mafia 1's autorunner. Try executing the CD as an administrator or see if you can execute the installer itself like that which is located on the disk, to bypass the autorunner.

As a sidenote. Although a little unorthodox, I believe plenty of us nowadays simply download it from the Pirate Bay. The game is abandonware now so a pirated version of this game is now tolerated. It also installs faster and most importantly, it saves you from having to use your -now rather brittle- CD's. It also includes a crack to remove the necessity of having CD 1 inserted when starting the game and is fully compatible with any mods we make.
I think it's morally justified if you've bought the game anyway.

Ignore any safety warnings. That's just a silly result of all the anti-piracy campaigns to scare people off which are well intended, but damn useless.

www.Robville.net
Valodas

47 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Can't install the game Reply with quote

Thanks I think I'll just try pirating the game, see what happens.
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Can't install the game Reply with quote

You can always try the manual install Mugshot wrote:

Manual install

But if you own the game, there's no harm in downloading it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: