FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Why is frustration on pc so big?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dujk

12 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Why is frustration on pc so big? Reply with quote

I think 2k financially wasn't doing good enough and need easy cash just why pick Hangar 13 for it's debut for a franchise like Mafia! and ofcourse Hangar 13 have with limited experience on genre easily copied from "the most popular" GTA.(why take risks anyway) But they couldn't completely sacrifice old fan base so get some help from 2k czech (on vehicles etc.)and even independent developers like Mass media and Blind Squirrel game( gameboy and psvita developers) so lots of cheap outsourcing were going on and this result became inevitable for pc gamers.

When come to release point 2k use the franchise's reputation shamelessly and tagged full AAA price 59.99$ on pc.
Ofcourse they know that doesn't worth the half of it and that's why didn't send any early copy to reviewers.

Due to this i'm giving my rating as it deserves.
If you buy from 59.99$ 3/10
29.99 4/10
19.99(or cheaper) 5/10
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Why is frustration on pc so big? Reply with quote

I guess a lot has to do with the fact that all AAA developers are already doing it and they know they'll have an army of fanboys who'll defend it. That, or most of H13's as well as any other AAA developer's team exists out of programmers and artists with fine college degrees but not the slightest clue of game development. Combine that with a PR team who is oblivious to what videogames are and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole themselves and you got some mediocre product that has to cater to the large crowds while completely disregarding the core fans or gamers.

For example I've seen people who are defending this Xray vision feature to their deaths. Really? And when you criticize it you are called "entitled" as if you aren't allowed to criticize their little gem. Developers must be laughing their asses off. As a matter of fact I'm 100% confident that none of the developers of H13 ever heard of Mafiascene.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

279 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is frustration on pc so big? Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I guess a lot has to do with the fact that all AAA developers are already doing it and they know they'll have an army of fanboys who'll defend it. That, or most of H13's as well as any other AAA developer's team exists out of programmers and artists with fine college degrees but not the slightest clue of game development. Combine that with a PR team who is oblivious to what videogames are and wouldn't touch it with a barge pole themselves and you got some mediocre product that has to cater to the large crowds while completely disregarding the core fans or gamers.

For example I've seen people who are defending this Xray vision feature to their deaths. Really? And when you criticize it you are called "entitled" as if you aren't allowed to criticize their little gem. Developers must be laughing their asses off. As a matter of fact I'm 100% confident that none of the developers of H13 ever heard of Mafiascene.

Just like a typical Filipino telenovela, eh? Oft-criticised for being churned out and manufactured to death, yet there are fanboys who staunchly support it.

And if you ask me I consider the assists H13 added to the game like quest markers, intrusive tutorial messages and the Arkham-esque X-ray vision mechanic more like training wheels for kiddies than something that would help with gameplay. Hitman: Absolution was met with some criticism for that hence why the 2016 Hitman title either removed or de-emphasized those mechanics.
Hunter

1551 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Why is frustration on pc so big? Reply with quote

I note for instance Beyond Good and Evil 2 is being developed by a few guys over years and years; I'll probably get social security by the time they're done with it Laughing

Of course, it could still be bad. They are just trying to avoid the cookie cutter generic game by committee that EA's been doing for 15 years and so too other "corporate developers" like Take2.

There are just these various "casual" features in games that really make them look bad. MAFIA doesn't have anything silly in it - the silliest part of the GUI is the money counter in plain white, maybe the reflection drawing on the instrument cluster if there is one (I think there is Laughing )

Outsourcing has been done for a long time, though. For instance, id outsourced Return to Castle Wolfenstein's development, and then, either got a second developer for multiplayer or the second developer outsourced the multiplayer (a subcontract). The multiplayer is better than the game itself! Anyway, that was 2001.

Of course, your independent games aren't done by committee, so good or bad, they tend to have more coherent design.

Seriously, the GUI in MAFIA is gorgeous. Classy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: