FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Music for imagination (updated)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feetlebaum

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Music for imagination (updated) Reply with quote

The Mafia games have offered a lot of great tunes, and I draw inspiration from a lot of them. And music is absolutely needed to set the time period and mood of the game. I think the third game has enourmous potential, being set in Louisiana, where New Orleans, the touted "birthplace of American jazz" is located. This leaves a lot of outstanding artists to choose from, some of whom were born in Louisiana, not to mention an opportunity to present a uniquely different city. I hope to hear some traditional Dixie songs (Can I get a banjo!). And I'd be very enthralled to see the developers animate a 4-7 piece band maybe at some point in the game (remember the M1 mission 'Happy Birthday!?'). Here are some songs that are keeping me excited until the inquisitional release date.

Gid Tanner & His Skillet Lickers - Ya Gotta Quit Kickin' My Dog Around

Johnny Dodds and his Chicago Footwarmers - Ballin' the Jack

Original Dixieland Jazz Band - Clarinet Marmalade Blues

Louis Armstrong and his Orchestra - Tiger Rag

Wilbur C. Sweatman's Original Jazz Band - Ev'rybody's Crazy 'Bout the Doggone Blues, But I'm Happy

Jelly Roll Morton - I Hate a Man Like You

Jerome Conrad and his Orchestra - Mississippi Mud

What songs would you like to hear in Mafia 3? Farewell

Last edited by Feetlebaum on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Feetlebaum

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Music for imagination? Reply with quote

Brother I'm just doing this for the duck of it. Whistling

Hal Kemp and his Orchestra - Whistles

Ray Miller and his Orchestra - No

Gid Tanner and his Skillet Lickers - Down Yonder

George Gershwin - Swanee
Feetlebaum

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Music for imagination? Reply with quote

Oops. I guess the game is taking place in the late '60s.

Here is a playlist of the top 100 songs every year from 1966 to 1971 in the U.S.A.

http://www.lzcenter.com/Vietnam%20War%20Era%20Music.html
Feetlebaum

25 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: Music for imagination (updated) Reply with quote

Well it looks like not long after posting that playlist, all the music files were dropped by the host server.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: