FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Race crashes crash MAFIA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Race crashes crash MAFIA Reply with quote

You heard me. I've noticed that certain types of crashes cause the game to crash. Seems to be more likely with two different cars, and the higher the speed, the more forceful the crash. Which is why the the game crashes, from the tremendous force. Sticking out tongue

I don't think I'm running anything other than Optimized Mafia. Hmm. If I wanted to I could compare with 1.0 and without the changes and maybe even with damage off. I have a feeling that would completely change things.

I also have a feeling nobody has any solution; I just felt like venting my frustration.
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Race crashes crash MAFIA Reply with quote

Lol, talking about realism. Laughing

I only had this issue with a custom car I once made. I suck at doing them properly so there was something wrong with the forward collision dummy of the vehicle. Whenever I hit something, regardless of which speed, the game froze up and crashed.
Do you have the same crashes when playing the vanilla game? Perhaps it could be even crack related if you're using one.

www.Robville.net
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Race crashes crash MAFIA Reply with quote

Actually, now that I think of it, I have a feeling certain high speed crashes are doing the same thing outside of the race. Thinking

But the race is definitely the least stable part of the game. I don't think at all about crashes normally, but definitely 5-10% of races end in a crash, like I said, seemingly related to cerain types of crashes (triggered by driving) or maybe some unseen AI maelstrom somewhere on the track.

Bugs me that they don't die when they flip over.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Race crashes crash MAFIA Reply with quote

Hunter wrote:
Bugs me that they don't die when they flip over.

Yeah, that's so unfair Laughing I used to get real mad when trying to pass this mission on my first play-through back in the day when I was a little kid

Speaking of crashes from crashes, never encountered one Thinking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: