FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osho

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach?? Reply with quote

I'm extremely angry right now, and here are the reasons:-
Quote:
Executive Producer Denby Grace said that, when it comes to access to these cars, the team is basically taking a Grand Theft Auto approach. You can get into every vehicle and, after five to 10 minutes of cruising around, you should have a feel for how it handles, giving you a chance to tear around the streets of New Bordeaux like a pro.

Quote:
According to Design Director Matthias Worch in the above video on driving in Mafia III, it's explained that the team is trying to achieve something they call ¡°Hollywood action driving.¡± He further explains that the team wants players to feel like they are a stunt driver on the set of a 1960's action flick, getting across the point that you're a really good driver, but you're still behind the wheel of a real car that has weight, physics, etc.

Why are they taking Hollywood as an inspiration for every god damn thing, eap, a game like Mafia that is meant to represent REAL LIFE????
Instead of putting emphasis on authenticity and accurate details as seen in Mafia City of Lost Heaven, the developers seem to be trying to bring GTA and Hollywood together for a 1968 movie like experience in a video game.
Seriously, AAA studios MUST stop using Hollywood as an inspiration, and do some research and put more emphasis on an accurate, authentic re-imagination of the time the game is set.

Mafia walkthrough on YouTube
Welcome2Stonia

61 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach?? Reply with quote

IMHO both GTA IV and V look more realistic than this...

This looks really, really underwhelming for a Mafia game and I personally would like to call all you out who are dissatisfied with the approach this game is taking and head over to the video I linked above and "dislike" it. I'm hoping there's a slight chance they will take another direction if they see the community is strongly against this "Hollywood action driving" thing they came up with... there's still time until the release date...
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach?? Reply with quote

I get the idea that they believe that all Mafia players are Mountain DEW filled ADHD 12 year olds going "OMG HELL YEAH IMMAH K1LL3R 360 NOSCOPING UTURN YEEEEEEEEEEEEAEAAAAAHHHHH Alright mom I'll be quiet jeeezz.."
They therefore also seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that the first 2 Mafia games were all about the realistic setting. You can say whatever you want about Mafia 2, but you can't deny they nailed the car physics and handling and that at least their focus on the story was a serious concept and not some Hollywood action flick.

I fully agree that Hollywood is the last damn place they should have looked for inspiration. When I play Mafia (and many other Mafia fans as well, hell all of them I think), I like to feel like I'm cruising around inside an authentic setting, not have the car speed to a thousand miles per hour as soon as I press the W key.

The developers better take note of all the criticism in the comments section, otherwise they're bound to fail. Seeing the driving mechanics and the way they talk about their approach tells me they completely discarded the Mafia fanbase for a more mainstream popularity approach, which is for instant gratification minded COD kids who should stick to games like GTA, Just Cause or Saints Row (which are good in their own forms, no offense to those games) if they want to act like an 80's action movie.

www.Robville.net
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276202 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach?? Reply with quote

Well you can guarantee that we are going to be totally ****
now that Denby Grace (who incidentally was instrumental
in shitting on us by changing how the final product for
Mafia II was released.
) is involved

This just confirms my decision not to get this game.

Mr Robville wrote:
I get the idea that they believe that all Mafia players are Mountain DEW filled ADHD 12 year olds going "OMG HELL YEAH IMMAH K1LL3R 360 NOSCOPING UTURN YEEEEEEEEEEEEAEAAAAAHHHHH Alright mom I'll be quiet jeeezz.."

Mafia CoLH rated Mature and for the time this was correct
Mafia II again Mature for language and content, again correct

Mafia (wait a moment this is not Mafia) Saints RowGTAathon III rated 3+

Mr Robville

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Mafia III driving taking a GTA approach?? Reply with quote

It's such a shame really because I really want this game to be good. I like the setting and choice of storyline, but to me it seems the developers are completely clueless in what they are dealing with here. I doubt anyone has played the previous games. And I mean really played it, not for documentation purposes.

From what I've seen they pretty much seem to contradict everything that made the previous games so good. (read: Mafia 1 in it's entirety and all positive things of Mafia 2).

It's not the action that made the games great, but the attention to detail and realism. Sure, Mafia 2 had a lot of cut content. But had they left it all in the game would be fantastic because most things that are there technically wise are really polished.

When I see their complete disregard to these key features with nonsense such as this kind of driving, the unrealistic-as-fawk car toppling and exploding, their emphasis on Michael Bay movies, Enemy markers, Day one DLC and not to mention the absolutely ridiculous eagle eye vision that every AAA is mandated to have nowadays it makes my damn toes cringe. It's a testimony of their lack of knowledge about the community behind their product. Like I said, not a damn clue they seem to have.

I'll still get the game out of curiosity, but not on day one. Hell no. Wait for the first unpaid and unbiased reviews who'll probably slate such gameplay and then get it in the sales a couple weeks later.
I remember finding Mafia 2 for €8,- or something brand new in a store's budgetcorner within a year after it's release.

www.Robville.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: