FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Asking for specific mods!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Osho

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Asking for specific mods! Reply with quote

Sorry, if this posted in wrong section.

Taking walkthrough by Bloviator as reference, I've been looking for a couple of mods that help to improve/correct some of the things as listed below:-
1. The Free Ride section ( walkthrough ) - A note about the gangsters: Both gangster cars and weapons are "cheated", meaning the gangsters are able to drive Falconers and Wright far beyond their "top speeds" in order to chase you down, and capable to shoot ( sawn off ) in rapid fire.
Is there any mod or script that corrects this issue ???
If there is any particular entry in the game files that needs to be edited ( or changed ) then please guide me in the right direction so that the gangsters drive cars and wield weapons in the same "normal" manner as allowed to the player.
2. Any mod that makes the "whistle" ( on foot ) useful?? Like Tommy is able to call a taxi/car??
3. Mod that makes the cop ( police ) shoot the gangsters as well during Free Ride mode, and not only Tommy???
Also, mod that upgrades the Cop AI making them more challenging and interesting???
4. Lastly, Mod that spawns ALL the Free ride extreme cars in the traffic ( Free Ride ) or allows to access all of them somehow and not just one ??
Please note: I'm not a modder and don't have any knowledge about modding. Kindly help me out keeping this fact in mind.
Thank you.

Mafia walkthrough on YouTube
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Asking for specific mods! Reply with quote

Quote:
and capable to shoot ( sawn off ) in rapid fire.

That's a bug...pretty annoying.

Quote:
Lastly, Mod that spawns ALL the Free ride extreme cars in the traffic ( Free Ride )

I guess you could, but I doubt this will be as great as it sounds. You only get a few cars at a time (this is actually way more annoying than you might guess), and AI driving isn't going to get any more interesting/better that way.

I spent time years ago adding various cars and colors to scene2.bins (the files that describe what is in a mission); mattydienhoff went whole hog and released a thing. But that was just for variety, not prototypes in traffic.
ASM.

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Asking for specific mods! Reply with quote

Osho wrote:

1. The Free Ride section ( walkthrough ) - A note about the gangsters: Both gangster cars and weapons are "cheated", meaning the gangsters are able to drive Falconers and Wright far beyond their "top speeds" in order to chase you down, and capable to shoot ( sawn off ) in rapid fire.
Is there any mod or script that corrects this issue ???

There is the police_speed_factor command. Calling it with 0.2 for example makes the police noticably slower. This only affects police cars in chase mode and has no effect on gangsters, though.
Osho wrote:

3. Mod that makes the cop ( police ) shoot the gangsters as well during Free Ride mode, and not only Tommy???

You can sort of do that with MafiaCon. See this thread for a discussion on that topic.
Osho wrote:

4. Lastly, Mod that spawns ALL the Free ride extreme cars in the traffic ( Free Ride ) or allows to access all of them somehow and not just one ??

The cars models that are spawned in traffic and their spawn probabilities are defined in the mission's scene2.bin. You can edit the corresponding objects with DC||ED for example and add additional models/colors this way. However, I don't know whether adding prototypes works out of the box. Mafia uses distinct models for regular car entities and traffic cars. In case of the Wright Coupe Gangster for example, there is buigang00.4ds as entitiy variant and buigang10.4ds as traffic variant. I'm not sure if there're traffic variants for all prototypes and, if that's not the case, whether it suffices to simply clone the entity variant.

I'm not sure if I understand the second part of your question correctly but if you only want to add the prototypes to traffic so you can steal them, you can use MafiaCon instead. Its createcar command allows you to spawn vehicles anywhere, anytime.
Hunter wrote:

You only get a few cars at a time (this is actually way more annoying than you might guess)

You can increase the number of cars spawned in traffic by editing the traffic object. For freeride it's limited to 13 by default (the game simply stops spawning more vehicles after that number of living traffic cars is reached), but you can increase it way beyond that.
Hunter

1560 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Asking for specific mods! Reply with quote

ASM. wrote:

Hunter wrote:

You only get a few cars at a time (this is actually way more annoying than you might guess)

You can increase the number of cars spawned in traffic by editing the traffic object. For freeride it's limited to 13 by default (the game simply stops spawning more vehicles after that number of living traffic cars is reached), but you can increase it way beyond that.

That doesn't work as well as it sounds. For one, AIs tend to get in massive traffic jams if there is any way. They're always spawning on an empty road, but as for actually maneuvering, pretty bad.

Second, the game has major issues with sound channels and you'll hear almost nothing if there's more than a few cars by you...

Third, the variety thing. Never mind trying to tweak what should be common (those 999 silly Cords and Silver Arrows around the city...), the game just has a nasty tendency to give you the same damn thing over and over again, I know because I tried this with DC||ED and that is what happened.

I'm not the one that wants this, Mr. Op is. I give up, MAFIA is MAFIA.
Osho

35 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Asking for specific mods! Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the valuable information.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to request all the talented modders to please give a thought to my wishlist and try to create new mods that allow to enhance the experience further and improve sone of the annoying aspects still requires tweaking.

Mafia walkthrough on YouTube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: