FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

New Easter Egg has been discovered ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cukier

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

14005 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Guy's i found really cool thing in texture files Very happy
In texture named 9denik1.bmp there is like message from IS.
The image is lowres so it's hard to read it, thats why im asking you for a pleasure Smile Can we all try to "decode" whole message ? Also there is website link, and it can be some kind of easter egg too Smile

I already decoded that there is some text like this:

Daniel(?)

??? ???

We've(?) packed all of our pepsi
in old cardboard box, we
??? up from behind(?)
in(?) local supermarket.

Please visit us at ??? ???

www.???

love,
???
Mr Robville

255669 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Ooh I actually remember this was once addressed on the old MS. Not sure if it was ever decoded back then. I believe the word at the top is "Dearest,"

www.Robville.net
haista__

4 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

My attempt:

Dearest,

D?'re ??????

We've packed all(looks odd) of our papers
us?? odd? landlord??? breaks out? - this line is quite difficult
?ravaged? up from behind
the local supermarket.

Please visit us at our new place

www.ADSTART?.com/use????? - it might be .gov, .goy or .gay, since the ending letter seems more like Y or a badly written V

love,
eye?????

"Denik" also means "diary" or "journal" in Czech, it seems.
Zsolti

120 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

I think the line under Dearest is "We're sorry,".
AsaSK

7696 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:43 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

What's funny is that it's used for the cutscene where Tommy is in prison at the end of the game, so technically he wrote this Laughing

The official Mafioso Mod thread
linukkis

1226 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

It's really interesting. If only we had that magic CSI software to enhance the image... Laughing

Edit: not sure if any of you have seen this, but I came across this website. Looks like people have been trying to decode this picture for quite some time now

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?25711-Elizabeth-please-help-us-with-that-mysterious-texture-in-Mafia-I
Cukier

14005 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Wow didn't saw that Very happy Well that babe told everyone that there isn't any interesting in it...
PtyIersworId

99 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

I believe the letter is from Tommy to his wife. It says something about them moving, and that they packed up some papers in boxes they got from behind the supermarket. They're obviously getting ready to move to Empire Bay. Like others said, this is the jail cutscene after Tommy finishes telling his story to the detective, and he's in jail writing a letter. There is an url there, but it is very hard to make out, so I'm not even going to try to.

Oh, and I wouldn't bank too much on what 2K Elizabeth at 2K forums has to say. That woman likes to try to deny everything. When the news leaked that Mafia 2 had cut content, she was going back and forth between different members, saying they were lying, and that 2K didn't cut anything, despite there being a lot of evidence that said there was. If she can lie about content 2K Games cut out, she's probably lying about the Easter Egg too, or pretending she knows more than she does.
Cukier

14005 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Yea it can be true. But imagine this situation, Tommy is in the jail.
He writing something about papers blah blah, then he telling Sarah "and there is website addres www... just note it, because i don't know what is this, we lives in 30's babe" xD

Or he is time traveler xD
linukkis

1226 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Exactly what I wanted to say... Laughing Seems so funny when you think about Tom writing a website address in a letter even before WWII Very happy
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: New Easter Egg has been discovered ??? Reply with quote

Tommy is a TIME LORD! xD

On a slightly more serious note, has anyone tried sending this to Daniel Vavra for confirmation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 1 Game All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: