FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Error #8815 - Generic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bojeffries

91 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

I to suffer the same error when I install Mafia 1. Even if I tinker with the compatibility. Is there a solution which a luddite moron like me could understand
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Bojeffries, exactly what do you think???
SooperK

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

Just came across this last night and couldnt figure out how to fix this. My computer is a brand new desktop that runs on windows 7 and did not come with speakers. I have played mafia without a problem for months with headphones plugged in and never had a problem. Last night I had no headphones plugged in and this same error kept occurring. The game will load but instead of loading the mafia menu the screen would remain black. Plugged in my headphones and restarted the game and it ran perfect.
Zsombor

90 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

SooperK, what??? Shocked Normally, the headset should not influence the game loading! Up to you had not heard of the game sounds! (Sorry for bad english...)
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255834 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

This may sound like a silly fix, but I don't think it has been mentioned yet.
Can you try to run the game by doing a right-mouseclick on it and choosing "run as administrator"? Windows is sometimes really picky when it comes to that.

Audio devices could strangely enough influence the game's performance. Try to fiddle with the sound settings within setup.exe. This is just a guess, but it would almost seem that if the game wants to use a 2.1 or surround feature in a headphone (if it has one), but fails to detect the hardware, that it prohibits a proper booting.

www.Robville.net
SooperK

32 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Error #8815 - Generic Reply with quote

I tried everything, I went into my own computers settings and played with the audio, and I also tried to run the game as the admin but still that helped nothing at all. It seems that for my scenario the only problem was plugging in headphones as I do not have any speakers for my desktop yet. I even went back and unplugged my headphones and ran the game again with the same black screen. Once I plugged them in again the game functioned fine. It's super bizarre but maybe this can help someone else who has this problem as well perhaps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: