FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

The Commission Mod.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AsaSK

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

I'm going to install it tonight and do an audio/video criticism of each mission, which I'll put up here afterwards.

The official Mafioso Mod thread
AsaSK

8258 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post.

Here's the first part for Jason (excuse my voice and constant pauses, I'm not well at the moment).

The official Mafioso Mod thread
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Downloading these plonkers Laughing

Thanks Ruby

First Impressions

That's a hell of a lot of work you have done!

I love the flowing nature of the missions and the detail in Sultant City is awesome

I am currently getting my ass handed to me everytime I step out of the prison....a little cover would have been nice, especially as the sniper seems to have no problem shooting me, but I have to wait until he comes close to the rail.

100 % unique settings, 100% unique Game

You have unique and interesting stuff here, I like it! Thumbs up (left) Thumbs up (left) Thumbs up (left) Thumbs up (left) Thumbs up (left)
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Great feedback guys Smile Thank you so much. Keep it coming.

I agree with Asa, the menu draw distance could of been improved and also with Matteo about the difficulty of the mod in places. I wanted to be challenging, but not impossible. A lot of people have complained the prison is too hard though. A problem I defiantly overlooked I'm afraid Sad

Glad that, apart from these technical issues, that the mod itself has been highly praised. Makes all my work worth it Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
Johncena1

169 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

I can't believe I still haven't played any of the parts yet. I'm going to re-install the game just to play them I think Very happy

Thanks for all the great work Ruby, can't wait to play all three Smile

RubyDragon949 wrote:
A lot of people have complained the prison is too hard though

In my opinion the hotel/church was harder because of the lack of health Shocked
But that was years ago when I last played the story. Something else I'll be doing...
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

RubyDragon949 wrote:
Great feedback guys Smile Thank you so much. Keep it coming.

A lot of people have complained the prison is too hard though. A problem I defiantly overlooked I'm afraid Sad

*Ruby*

Oh I am not complaining, it is a challenge I will just have to nut out, you definitely do not want to make it a cake walk
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

I've almost completed part 1 and I like it very much. But there's one thing that I hate a lot. It's the fact that the game is saved before long conversations, and not after them. This way, if you die, you have to listen to them all over again and again without being able to skip them. So this thing has been getting on my nerves. More savepoints maybe would've been nice. Apart from that, brilliant mod, brilliant idea, great story and atmosphere. Feels like playing a completely different and unique game from Mafia Smile Thank you a lot!

Edit: Found a bug: in Mission 9 when you get back from the fishstore, you just fall through the floor of Morello's bar, making you unable to continue, spawn point or whatever one calls it is too low I suppose. Impossible Same thing happens in 10.
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

So I've completed part 1 and it's been a whole lot of fun apart from these few drawbacks. I liked it so much I installed Part 2 immediately. In part 2 I've only completed the first mission but I already love it. The atmosphere of winter is very nice to an eye Feels great sitting warmly inside your Schubert Six cruising through the city I'll post after I've played through some more Smile
MatteoCapoletti

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Well done Ruby...I am impressed

and when I see wonderful stuff, I am inspired. and you have inspired me...

Thank you
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Just completed part II and I must say boy is it awesome. There were a couple of minor bugs but generally I liked it even more than the first part. Installing part III...

EDIT: All three parts completed. I loved every single bit of your work, Ruby, one can see how much effort you've put into this mod. Part III was as awesome as the previous two. I found only a few things I didn't like:

1) In prison break scene, it is not possible to hit the snipers shooting through the spaces between iron construction. It's simply a wall, while the snipers on the other hand can easily kill you shooting right throught it. But I guess that's the way Mafia is.
2) When chasing down Andy Zito, I got stuck a few times: everyone is killed, nobody's shooting, but the objective says "Finish off Zito's guys" or something like that and you can't do a thing, the game doesn't progress. However after reloading my save game, second tries were successful. So no big deal
3) In Alternate Ending, when I come to Lost Heaven, if I die and load the game, the taxi cab starts flying and spinning somewhere out of map's bounds. Maybe this doesn't happen to others, for me it does.

Apart from that, everything is absolutely brilliantly done. It's amazing what one person is capable of when it comes to making such projects. It's almost an entirely new game which brings brand new experience. Makes you understand why it took you 3 years. You've no idea how much I enjoyed this piece. Thank You for your contribution to this game Smile
RubyDragon949

723 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:
Well done Ruby...I am impressed

and when I see wonderful stuff, I am inspired. and you have inspired me...

Thank you

Cheers, Matteo. Glad that I could inspire the person who inspired me to take up modding in the first place Wink things really have come full circle now.

linukkis wrote:
Just completed part II and I must say boy is it awesome. There were a couple of minor bugs but generally I liked it even more than the first part. Installing part III...

EDIT: All three parts completed. I loved every single bit of your work, Ruby, one can see how much effort you've put into this mod. Part III was as awesome as the previous two. I found only a few things I didn't like:

1) In prison break scene, it is not possible to hit the snipers shooting through the spaces between iron construction. It's simply a wall, while the snipers on the other hand can easily kill you shooting right throught it. But I guess that's the way Mafia is.
2) When chasing down Andy Zito, I got stuck a few times: everyone is killed, nobody's shooting, but the objective says "Finish off Zito's guys" or something like that and you can't do a thing, the game doesn't progress. However after reloading my save game, second tries were successful. So no big deal
3) In Alternate Ending, when I come to Lost Heaven, if I die and load the game, the taxi cab starts flying and spinning somewhere out of map's bounds. Maybe this doesn't happen to others, for me it does.

Apart from that, everything is absolutely brilliantly done. It's amazing what one person is capable of when it comes to making such projects. It's almost an entirely new game which brings brand new experience. Makes you understand why it took you 3 years. You've no idea how much I enjoyed this piece. Thank You for your contribution to this game Smile

Sorry about the few bugs you experienced but I am glad you loved my mod Smile When I get feedback as good as this it really does make it all worth while. And while you may thank me for the contribution, I must say "No thank you for YOUR contribution to the game" for still continuing to enjoy our work long after many have forgotten about it Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

The Commission Mod

The Robbery Mod

The Gangster Life Mod

Regards

*Ruby*
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1254 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

RubyDragon949 wrote:
I must say "No thank you for YOUR contribution to the game" for still continuing to enjoy our work long after many have forgotten about it Smile

Regards

*Ruby*

Thank you. I never get bored of things I love I'm just sorry I couldn't try your mod as soon as it was released Smile
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Problems everywhere ... I replaced EVERY folder but still got Tommy's skin. Any idea?

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
dekiro

2 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

linukkis wrote:

Edit: Found a bug: in Mission 9 when you get back from the fishstore, you just fall through the floor of Morello's bar, making you unable to continue, spawn point or whatever one calls it is too low I suppose. Impossible Same thing happens in 10.

how can I fix this bugs?
Kaiser

50 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: The Commission Mod. Reply with quote

Great mod!!! I don't play but I have seen "let's play" about it. Author really did good big work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: