FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia HUD Mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Mafia HUD Mod Reply with quote

Hi,

I've started to work on a mod using FsRedirect which allows different HUD configurations for each mission in Mafia. Here is a link to a video showing the ones I've done so far: https://youtu.be/MjY1PtkJ3Ng

Let me know what you think.
Hunter

1553 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Mafia HUD Mod Reply with quote

Great concept, but those gauges are very hard to see. You are placing whole instrument clusters on screen. I think that would be obstructive (at least if it was big enough to be read).

I also notice you're driving (camera is) in the car. I know a few of MAFIA's original models made a sad attempt at texturing the interior; apparently they had major cost to benefit concerns there. It could be very interesting if you tried doing an interior dashboard texturing (past the wheel, before the glass). Then you could even attempt to place the car HUD within it. I see scaling being an issue.

I also expect you won't be able to have a different HUD for different cars...
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Mafia HUD Mod Reply with quote

Thanks for the comment. I thought of doing that, but the head movement in the car would cause the needles to bounce around.

I also considered just placing the gauges without the rest of the dash, but I thought it looked kind of ugly and failed to capture the beauty of the dash boards from those days. Some are better than others too, which is true of the actual cars in RL.

It may also be possible to scale each HUD element in the Src from Behar's Wide Screen Fix. If so, the images used are high enough of a resolution to look nice at an increased size. I suspect everyone will have a different opinion as to what size is the best, so this may be the best solution.
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder
Mafiascene Veteran Modder

288 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Mafia HUD Mod Reply with quote

Fantastically good idea, maximize appreciate it Smile
I wonder whether the internal-view cars by RCF can be placed so as not to disturb the driver. These dashboards are pretty original, for me a lot of researches because of them that the dashboards are authentic. It is a pity that they are difficult to operate the pointers for the Ikarus mod by Pinkshit been difficult to him, but it does not show the true value. Would be cool to see your dashboards in the new RCF 1.6 version if it is possible. Smile Thumbs up (left) Applause
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: