FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenneedlecaa76

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem Reply with quote

Thank you for whom ever is reading this.

I own mafia 1.2 original first disk; however the store ripped me off
and only the first install disk was in the case. I have got around
this dilemma by downloading a full version (1.0) (at least that is as
far as I know) made up of three iso's and an execution file.
I have installed all three iso's from burned cds/dvds
( can't remember right now.) The installation turns out great.
Problem the #1 burned ISO will not start the game. It will however,
bring up the first menu with play, install/uninstall etc. but will not
execute the game.

( believe that no cd crack could resolve first issue)
I have found out that if i use the original 1.2 disk the game will
execute and I can play. I am up to mission "A Trip to the
Country" "Meet Paulie at the warehouse". I get Tommy to the
warehouse, pull in through the gates, the cut screen brings up
with the picture of the crate of Canadian whiskey, it completes
loading (all red circles filled) and then the game shuts off and
brings up a new window inside of window informing of error
report etc.

Is this happening because of the disk in tray being 1.2 while
the full install is done from the 1.0 version?

To clarify, as long as I do not load " "A Trip to the Country"
and continue to replay any other missions, free ride, extreme
free ride(the yellow door easter egg) etc.; I can play as normal
with an occasional graphic glitch etc.

Please help me understand how to resolve my problem.

p.s: I own mafia ps2, mafia 2 xbox 360, mafia pc, and have
recently sold my mafia xbox original; as I said love mafia,
disappointed with ps2 mafia version!

Thank you to anyone that can please help me!!!
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem Reply with quote

Can't really help you with dodgy copies of
Mafia CoLH.

Anyway, A Trip To The Country has a
known crash which was fixed by installing
patch version 1.1/1.2/1.3 (either one)

My advice is to buy the game on Amazon.

Hunter

1547 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject: hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem Reply with quote

No, there's no "1.2 disk," it's the .exe that has a version. The original disk might have some copy protection on it the .exe is expecting.

As for why it's crashing, no idea. It may be triggered by what it's loading after the mission (should be a "Lucas Bertone or go home" segment). I'd try to change settings in setup.exe and if that doesn't work, install patch 1.1 and try again. It may be somehow a probem with your saved game in which case, replay the mission.

Hope it works.
brokenneedlecaa76

18 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:22 am    Post subject: hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses, i appreciate being answered. Without forums like this one, most of us what be lost. I appreciate everything there is about this game and look forward to playing it for a long time to come.

Update: Applied a no-cd crack, and it worked wonderfully. Have added extracted The Gangster Life Mod, looks really nice so far. Love the new characters, look forward to trying the others. sadly though, I'm still not completely sure of how I added it, a combination of instruction and research made that possible. least to mention all the help available from this forum.

Muggy,: thank you for the answer to the mission patch. I'm unsure as to which patch 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 will be the one that fits my version, but at least i know that my hunch was right, that that mission was a corrupted file. It was the way that it ended loading up the after the wharehouse, that made it peculiour. I though at first it might have been because I used the yellow door to extreme free ride before completing the story in full.

A question though, is how does your version of the game end once exited; I have a outline of black and blue screen and always get the block that reads about an error that has to be reported.

Hunter: thank you for your response about the 1.2 not be available; however, this is what is on the label of the original disk not be rude or arrogant but I can't change the label.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Cy8Rg05hDiSncwvyXkKfrraK3OqVZ2_NVTYRlb7ryob7EhaRdLV2C32TikjghNm2IUmHwmU=s114

One last word, I have all these ideas of what i would like to do with Tommy's personal house ,Oakland, Has anyone done any personal mods to there homes? If so I would love to see them.

Again, thanks everyone.
geran30

Site Staff
Site Staff

157 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: hello everyone I love mafia but i have a problem Reply with quote

Okay I'm going to lock this thread as the issue in question has been answered.

If you have any further issues with the game please open a new topic relating to the new issues. This was we keep the topics in line with the original subject at hand and it's easier to manage and for members to search for answers before posting.

Regards, Geran.

We're back.... For good!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia I Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: