FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatteoCapoletti

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

975 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Zsolti wrote:
Well, the Mafia is in it, just in a different way.

Yeah and the "Vegetarian Steak House" has steak in it, on the sign on the door

Don't serve me tofu and call it prime rib
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276192 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Anyway moving on...

Game Informer released a cover reveal
for why the devs at Hangar13 took the
path for Mafia III. I think you have to
subscribe to the magazine to read the
full 12 page article or you can read the
digital version.

November Cover Revealed – Mafia III

meanwhile there is a video teaser from
Game Informer discussing the direction
the devs took .

Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I love the cover art. It has a nice atmosphere.

Also glad to see that they are aware of the worries many people have about not having the Italian mafia as the main center of focus. Gives me a bit more trust in them.

This game not following the typical Italian style mafia only makes me more curious. A look from the other side. In the previous Mafia games and even in TV shows you see countless of people getting killed who got caught into shady businesses with them. How did it affect the lives surrounding these people? It's never shown.
Makes me think about a scene within an Austin Powers movie where they actually parodied the lack of consequences towards the berieved of a nameless henchman who died: Laughing

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

267 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
I love the cover art. It has a nice atmosphere.

Also glad to see that they are aware of the worries many people have about not having the Italian Mafia as the main center of focus. Gives me a bit more trust in them.

This game not following the typical Italian style Mafia only makes me more curious. A look from the other side. In the previous Mafia games and even in TV shows you see countless of people getting killed who got caught into shady businesses with them. How did it affect the lives surrounding these people? It's never shown.

Well at least they're trying not to make it into a cliché or flog a dead horse with a similar tale about the Cosa Nostra.
Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Exactly. We've seen it all.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

267 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Exactly. We've seen it all.

Any more of it would be like the zombie fad we see every so often these days. Cautious
Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Oh man don't get me started.
I'd punch the next developer in the face I see who would gather his team during a brainstorm and say "I have this amazing idea, let's make an open world zombie survival game..... nonono this one is different, this one has backwards walking zombies in it, that has never been done before!"

We live in a day and age where in the gaming industry everyone plays it safe. It's almost taboo to do something innovative and only a handful of indies managed to have the balls to do something new. For AAA it's an absolute no-go. Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Square Enix, It's the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again every single year, just with a different skin. I'm very relieved to see that a AAA developer is finally willing to take a risk. I wish all of them dared.

These big AAA publishers always playing it safe creates this mentality among gamers that change is not needed. So you can expect that when a game finally offers a challenge (like not having every item glow green or not having an ability that shows every enemy behind 3 walls) or that turns into a new direction, that most gamers will go apeshit about it because it doesn't live up to former standards anymore -which are in my opinion, quite shallow.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

267 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Mr Robville wrote:
Oh man don't get me started.
I'd punch the next developer in the face I see who would gather his team during a brainstorm and say "I have this amazing idea, let's make an open world zombie survival game..... nonono this one is different, this one has backwards walking zombies in it, that has never been done before!"

We live in a day and age where in the gaming industry everyone plays it safe. It's almost taboo to do something innovative and only a handful of indies managed to have the balls to do something new. For AAA it's an absolute no-go. Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Square Enix, It's the same stuff over and over and over and over and over again every single year, just with a different skin. I'm very relieved to see that a AAA developer is finally willing to take a risk. I wish all of them dared.

These big AAA publishers always playing it safe creates this mentality among gamers that change is not needed. So you can expect that when a game finally offers a challenge (like not having every item glow green or not having an ability that shows every enemy behind 3 walls) or that turns into a new direction, that most gamers will go apeshit about it because it doesn't live up to former standards anymore -which are in my opinion, quite shallow.

Or the media industry as a whole for that matter. They do so as it would neither be safe nor profitable, hence why they stoop to the lowest common denominator. Nintendo is equally guilty of it, depending so much on brand loyalists and their oft-used flagship character Mario for revenue - they only began venturing into the likes of mobile gaming recently.

Same case with Mattel, particularly American Girl, whose line is criticised for playing it equally safe. Despite pressure from fans to make a character of colour, or at least "something completely different", it always has been the blond or blue-eyed white girl using the same face mold over and over.
Zsolti

126 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

MatteoCapoletti wrote:

Yeah and the "Vegetarian Steak House" has steak in it, on the sign on the door.

I don't think that's a good comparison.
Draconian

31 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

The New Open-World Philosophy Of Mafia III

From the article: "Spending time with Vito, the protagonist from Mafia II who was banished to NOLA after the conclusion of the last game, ties up some loose ends players hoped would be addressed in this sequel."

Perhaps that was the condition on which Vito was allowed to live, he had to leave Empire Bay. That would've satisfied Mr. Chu and the Triads.

My hope was that Vito would go full on rabid dog mode after learning that Joe was to be killed. I just can't believe Vito would calmly sit there as Joe was taken away to be executed. If you look at Vito's face at the end of Mafia 2, he's contemplating what he should do. He sorta looks like he wants to do something, pull a gun or something.

It's shady AF what Leo did. He can't even look Vito in the eye, as he tells him he sold his best friend down the river. I hope we see a flashback where Leo gets killed.

I wonder if they'll show flashbacks of Mafia 2's ending after the two cars separate.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Twelve minutes of developer-narrated gameplay. The video has a few new scenes that we have never seen before.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/12/17/mafia-3-12-minutes-of-developer-narrated-gameplay-ign-first#prclt-6C2m3wGy

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Mr Robville

255728 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Thanks for posting!

I must say, after seeing this footage in one go I'm way more exited. In the first screenshots I wasn't sure about the art style, but seeing it now it looks really pleasing to the eye and definitely has that same vibe to it that Mafia 2 had. Also as far as I could hear the sounds, the sound design appears to be really well done. Especially gun sounds.

I hope so much they don't exaggerate the action going after the GTA style. Some slight relief I heard was that the guy said that not every car is going to explode, which is what the gameplay footage in the background was actually contradicting. The footage is now a bit older so I hope they really toned down that Michael Bay grade car stuff. That's the only thing I'm concerned about.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

267 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Yeah I do wish it wan't just a Just Cause clone set in a historical era. Engine-wise I'm sure they'll stick to that (un)intentional tradition of coding the game to a DirectX renderer one generation older than the latest (Mafia I ran on DX8, Mafia II was a DX9 game despite being released a few years after DX10 became available), but the graphics are top-notch physically-based stuff.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: