FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Crashes when using UDD mod.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KYOTO5

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Crashes when using UDD mod. Reply with quote

Hello.
I am running mafia on Win7 64-bit (as administrator with compatibility set to XP SP3). I am using Unlimited Draw Distance mod and every time after a while playing game crashes with message "Program has stopped working".
I looked everywhere and many people had encountered similar problem.
Could You please help me? I don't know if I am doing anything wrong nether what should I do to make it run as it should. It was running ok on my older PC also with W7.
Hunter

1531 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Crashes when using UDD mod. Reply with quote

Probably something to do with the mod. E.G. texture memory, virtual memory, a memory leak, some kind of low tolerance for resource use by 32 bit programs, general engine malaise...

Nothing you didn't already know; the mod. causes it and IMO is connected with memory loads this mod. permits.
KYOTO5

7 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Crashes when using UDD mod. Reply with quote

Sorry, but I did not understand all of what You said. :/
Are You saying that this problem can not be fixed?
Hunter

1531 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Crashes when using UDD mod. Reply with quote

You either have to change something in UDD that is causing the crash or just not use UDD.

Or possibly something external - once, upon having purchased 1GB of memory for the first time, I decided to turn off virtual memory to speed things on my computer. Then I went to play The Sims and found a horrendous sound skipping problem, which frustrated me until I tried turning virtual memory back on, and the problem suddenly vanished. Apparently that program uses virtual memory to spool music. Point being, there was nothing "wrong" with the program other than that it relies on virtual memory and my solution came externally.

So maybe UDD is perfectly stable in some other software configuration besides that which exists on this Windows 7 64 computer.

In conclusion, this non helpful information has been pleasant to type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mod Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: