FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

Ikarus mod 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neutral

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

The big question: Guess the name of person to whom again we have to wait ?
Crying Impossible
( help : not me )
NevadaPL

6 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:
The big question: Guess the name of person to whom again we have to wait ?
Crying Impossible
( help : not me )

Pinkshit ? Very happy
linukkis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1294 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

I don't really mind waiting, cause I know you guys are working hard on this mod, besides you have your own lives to live too. And nobody should be pushing you to do it fast Wink
vapno92

598 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:09 am    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

I don't mind too, and there is nothing we can do about it, but I can imagine, how annoying it must be for the rest of the team.
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

277800 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Well your patience has been rewarded

It's here and available for download

If you (Neutral or pinkshit) would tell me of any other people who worked on Ikarus Mod 3.0, I will add these to the authors of the mod

Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Thank you all for your patient wait. Applause
The list of the creators and our helpers is in main menu and intro video. We are thankful to DST ( aka Night Driver ) for the free music.
Special thanks go to the mafiascene modder community, because without you have not managed to solve many problems. Smile
First of all, review the tutorial before you start to play, what worth it because it shows how to use it.
Mr Robville

255861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Hmm, for some reason the mod runs very unstable on my machine. The English tables show various vehicle name issues and when choosing a vehicle the game hangs.
If I delete the tables folder I am able to choose a car but the game still crashes after about 3 or 4 minutes ingame. Memory usage only about 600MB. Any ideas what might cause this?

Anyway, congratz with the release guys! Very happy Must be a weight off your shoulders I can imagine.
If I can make a nice screenshot somewhere I'll make sure it's posted on the headlines. Wink

www.robville.net
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

47079 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Congratulations guys! I'll try to download it in the coming days and let you know what I think of it.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the carcyclopedia confused in English and Hungarian versions too. This is because Pinkshit did not finish but i do not want to waste more time. Will be one or more patch later.
The cause of the freeze is that the structure is too complicated, a lot of stuff crammed into it. Perhaps there is too much capacity online at one time. For example, the elevator, the cable car and the passenger as travel with NPC, shopping, car assembly missions etc.. The models also simplified its maximum in vain, I think that have too much memory they need. I've helped myself on a 32-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate by permits of use of four cores for Mafia with small utility ( name :TaskAssign) without it does not run very well. Also helped that do not set the maximum traffic in the city. However in countryside, may be used max so calmly. Thinking
vapno92

598 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Carcyclopedia works well for me.
Mr. Robville - don't forget, that you HAVE TO USE Mafia 1.2 for run the mod.
If you put 1.2's carcyclopedia onto 1.0, it will do exactly what you describing. It's known issue.
Anyway BIG LIKE! Except the music, I don't really like it, it is not very atmospheric... Sarcastic I would rather have original Hungarian 70-80's bands like Bikini, Lokomotiv GT, Edda or Omega...
Mr Robville

255861 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Patching the game to v1.2 did indeed fix the tables issue and also increased the draw distance on the main menu. However, the game still crashes after about 2-3 minutes in. Is anyone else experiencing crashes like these?

www.robville.net
vapno92

598 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Nope, just a first 30 seconds of game are choppy, then it runs well.
Guys, why there are not lightmaps in the city? It looks very odd, If I can say, depressive Very happy I don't like city without lightmaps, I know, it is for weather changing, but current version of MWE can work with multi-level lightmaps. Maybe I can help?
Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

The last one year has passed by, we had to reduce the size of the textures and models drastically because of the mod in the city froze almost instantly. The current situation had almost all long-distance model, and to delete the Djbozkosz 4dsfullmanager help to add to the long-distance view, so that was quite a memory. The wasteful use lightmapping not tolerated at all in the city, so I used only countryside at the motel and other places where they can be found in the Krajina because it will not freeze because of it.
For a small mod could be that's where there is no script could be crowded with lightmaps into the city could be more beautiful. Maybe you can accept also do with an outdated game unfortunately so it is better to stay in Mafia held ambition to get better of the gaming experience.
Would be better if somebody could reduce the too complicated scripts because I am not able ( I am only modeler ).
By the way you had found the secret places and the Black Lord car use? Cool shades
vapno92

598 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

I've tried to add lightmaps, but I don't know why, whole graphics seems to have strange colour tonality and seem to be darker a little bit. I've tried to edit lights and sky for my purposes. But the mod is GREAT.
Unlimited draw distance is not good and game is choppy even without any other mod, when you use it. BUT!
There is a "cheat" in 1.2, that incrases draw distance 2-times.
Anybody try to type CUMDAL why playing game, it is great, especially on cable car Very happy
Look, this is what it looks like, when you use CUMDAL cheat Wink

Neutral

306 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Ikarus mod 3.0 Reply with quote

Great Vapno92

This an usefull little program for increase your playing time before exit Mafia with IKM3.0_the TaskAssign.
This is a real helper for windows 7 and above users who want to run IKM3.0.
Warning :
if you want to download it from net there are only virus infected or fake versions.
So this is the safe link from my site ( this is an old original version directly from author_I downloaded it many years ago )

http://www.realcarfacing.hu/download/TaskAssign.7z

How use : Don't need install ,ready to use instantly with setting like admin user . Must create a profil in "Application Profiles" task by browse Mafia "game.exe" and set all possible CPU cores.
Before you want play with Mafia start this little program and it can increase your playing time before crash IKM3.0
Originally designed for XP but can run under any newer windows version. It provides more processing power than what the offer by windows 7,8,10 basically.

About music : unfortunatelly without permissions we can't use original hungarian pop/rock musics from that era. This is why use this not too agressive free music for mod. Permissions are too much money and don't want get penalty or blocking.
But you can use any music like ogg format in the Sound/Music folder by overwrite those with yours. My personal favorite was in that time ( like young boy_now 56 ) Omega: "Nem tudom a neved / I do not know your name" synth solo in the middle_was like an Emerson Lake & Palmer ..) by great Laszlo Benko in 1974.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4jlBWHk4UA at 2:14 )
Very happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia Mods All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: