FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visit View your posts View unanswered posts

Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Title says all, but this time it ain't from some low-rent clickbait site:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/9055497/mafia-3-confirmed-more-details-on-aug-5

Quote:

2K Games confirmed this morning on Twitter, promising a fuller reveal of the game on Aug. 5.

Gamescom begins in Cologne, Germany on Aug. 5.

Mafia 2 published in August 2010, seven years after eight years after the original Mafia. There had been rumblings of a third Mafia in the five years since the sequel, most recently in January when voice actor Rick Pasqualone hinted over Twitter that "exciting news" was coming soon.

Mafia 2 was developed by the 2K Czech studio, which closed its Prague office in a major restructuring at the beginning of last year. 2K Czech's last game was the tennis title Top Spin 4, published by 2K Sports in 2011.
Mnich

Site Staff
Site Staff

46571 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Yes!!! Would be nice to put this on the main page.

AsaSK wrote:
I thought there was something strange about naughtyboy (Cole Phelps).. apart from the fact that his username sounds very gay.
T3mas1

175 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

I hope that the game will be as good as the previous parts and will have the same great gameplay as Mafia 2.

If this is 70s, I think, it could be very interesting.

To be honest, this report leaves me puzzled. Because I know that the game was developed by very different people in HamburgerTown somewhere in America.

Just let's not another GTA, please...
lightingft

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Yes. YES. YEEEEEEEEES.
Kaminsky

144 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Applause
lostinmafia_heavenMS

151 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

YEEEEES!! Great to know the wait won't be as long this time around..

Is that a woman?

Applause
Mr Robville

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

255716 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Hell flippin fokkin yeah!

Just like I hoped it would be: set in the 70's.
If it's back in Lost Heaven I will poop my pants.

Interesting to see a female character on the artwork. It would be cool to see a female protagonist introduced. No one has ever really done that before in games like these.

Something new to look forward to Drooling

www.Robville.net
Sliderv2

701 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Also Salieri can't wait! Very happy
@ndre

1045 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

This is indeed an awsome bit of news....i pretty much cheered as i read it on facebook Very happy It does look like the 70s this time and thats pretty much something i expected. Mafia 1 was the 30s, mafia 2 was mostly 50s. I would expect this new game to be like the previous installations, in sense that the story evolves through the years...like starting from the 60s and going through the 70s. The cars look like late 60s and early 70s ones.

...previously known as MafiaEST Wink
Sliderv2

701 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Do you see the aligator on that picture?
Maybe Mafia will be in Miami, because Miami is swampy city with aligators.
PtyIersworId

101 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Sliderv2 wrote:
Do you see the aligator on that picture?
Maybe Mafia will be in Miami, because Miami is swampy city with aligators.

I think it was confirmed by a leak that the game would be taking place in Louisiana, probably in and around New Orleans. The game studio released a transcript, saying they were hiring voice actors for three characters with Louisiana accents. Now it's starting to look like that may actually happen.

http://masterherald.com/voice-actor-teases-of-possible-release-of-mafia-3-very-soon/20108/
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276072 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

05/08/2015 Definitely a date for our diaries.
most welcome news. Hope there is free
streaming at Gamescom. Thinking

On another note, I know some like myself
may be still disappointed that Daniel Vavra
is not working on Mafia 3, but that said I think
we should see how the game looks first. Hopefully
it will not be the shambles (although some of it was
OK) that Mafia 2 was.

lightingft

185 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom Reply with quote

Muggy wrote:
05/08/2015 Definitely a date for our diaries.
most welcome news. Hope there is free
streaming at Gamescom. Thinking

On another note, I know some like myself
may be still disappointed that Daniel Vavra
is not working on Mafia 3, but that said I think
we should see how the game looks first. Hopefully
it will not be the shambles (although some of it was
OK) that Mafia 2 was.

I agree with you. At least 2K won't have much of a reason to cut out a majority of it's content like happened to Mafia II.

I wonder if we see some characters return. The ending of Mafia II was a real cliffhanger...
Mr Robville

255716 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

Although the amount of cutting they did in M2 was unacceptable, I did enjoy the game and it's story. Also loved the game engine they used. Mafia 1 set the bar really high which is probably why so many people didn't like M2.
I only hope they would dive into the story/drama a little deeper in M3 as I found that M2 was a bit shallow. Mafia 1 nailed that perfectly.

Also the time each character had on the screen was a good amount before they would take him out.
In M2 the duration usually only spanned over a couple missions before a character would be killed off already. The emotional impact is therefore a lot less if you compare this to Paulie or Sam- who have been there through the whole game.

www.Robville.net
huckleberrypie

253 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Mafia III officially announced, full reveal on Gamescom 2015 Reply with quote

The first Mafia did leave quite an impact in spite of its flaws and the rather oddball Freeride Extreme game mode. I think I shed a tear or two when I finally beat the game and heard Tommy lamenting on what he had become.

They do smack of being moralistic at times, but I can say that the story is a LOT more insightful than any of the soap operas being churned out here in my country imo. I do hope that the third Mafia game would be just as memorable, if not exceed what Illusion/2K Czech did with the first two games.

And was it just me, or is anyone else clamoring for a re-release of the original on Android and/or iOS?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Mafia 3 Game All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: