FAQFAQ    Board RulesBoard Rules    SearchSearch    LotteryLottery    RouletteRoulette    UsergroupsUsergroups
     RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Shop    Log inLog in 
View posts since last visitView your postsView unanswered posts

First person Mod on Foot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scudrunn3r

5 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: First person Mod on Foot? Reply with quote

Hey guys - New user here, huge fan of the game -

I've found the in car Dash view, and have been looking all over for a similar mod featuring on foot first person Wink
What I find surprising is if I back up against a wall the game automatically switches to FPS mode... So it can't be much more than editing a script somewhere!

Thanks again-

Andy
Muggy

Site Staff
Site Staff

276198 Bank Notes
Items
more...

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: First person Mod on Foot? Reply with quote

Moved to Ask a Modder - Modding

Cukier

Mafiascene Veteran Modder

16520 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: First person Mod on Foot? Reply with quote

I guess it's possible by scripting.
I just found address for camera (and car cameras), there are few unused cameras (also FPS camera).
When i get back to home i can make new thread with memory adresses for mafia Sticking out tongue
arbitrarymobster

73 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: First person Mod on Foot? Reply with quote

@scudrunn3r: You can modify the “Game.exe” file in a hex editor to have first person view on foot. Here's how I'd suggest you do it:

1) Make a copy of your Game.exe file and name the copy something other than “Game.exe” and put it somewhere you'll remember.

2) Download XVI32 which is a hex editor that is very light (it doesn't even write to your registry).

3) Open the “Game.exe” file you wish to modify in XVI32. (You may do this by renaming the file to Game.exe.txt, then right clicking it and going to "open with." Don't forget to rename the file, once you're done editing it, back to "Game.exe." )

4) Go to tools > options and under the general tab set the offset to 1 (this will make no changes to the file, just to the tool).

5) Go to tools and be sure there is a check mark to the left of “overwrite” – if not click the word “overwrite.”

6) Go to search > find and tick hex string. Type in the hex string area “9A 99 99 3E 00 00 00 3F CD CC 4C 3E” without pressing the shift key nor the space bar (not necessary), then click OK.

7) On the very bottom left corner of the program, it should say “Adr. hex: 250469” and your cursor should be on a “9A.”

Sarcastic If so, type 00 00 00 3F without using the shift key nor the space bar.

9) Click the save disc and close the program. Remember to rename the file back to Game.exe if you changed it as in step 3.
Cukier

16520 Bank Notes
Items

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: First person Mod on Foot? Reply with quote

Or you can make it with memory editing.
Here is tutorial how to make it: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9716
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mafiascene.com Forum Index -> Ask a Modder - Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: